Materials Management Officer
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia's largest and longest serving recruitment providers. Delivering both quality temporary and permanent options, we specialise in the recruitment of Professional, ICT, Government, STEM, Management and Executive talent.
Our client, a Global leader in the Iron Ore industry, is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Materials Management Officer to join them on a 12 month FIFO assignment based in the Pilbara.
Roster: 2:1 (12 hour days)
12 month assignment with potential for extension
This purpose of this role is to ensure effective, and consistent supervision of materials management and control of logistics delivery across the scope of "Free Issued" equipment, fabricated modules and general freight for one of the company's major projects.
This role will interface closely with the Project Delivery team to receive inbound equipment and materials at the mine site and Concentrate Handling Facility and supervise all aspects of storage, condition control and issue for construction in accordance with Project Schedule requirements.
* Ensure accurate, effective and timely communication is maintained with the Project Logistics and Expediting Team, Site construction teams, Site Safety, Health & Environment team and other defined parties required to execute the role
* Ensure effective and accurate communication is maintained with all relevant teams with the aim of assuring the efficient flow of delivery of equipment, modules and materials and the minimisation of cost and schedule risk.
* Liaise with the key project stakeholders and all interfaces to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of "free issue" equipment
* Ensure site handling, storage and transportation of project cargo is in accordance with project insurance requirements.
* Oversight and supervision of the maintenance of information status contained in the Track'em system.
* Operate within the company's logistics processes and systems; where processes or systems do not exist develop, agree and implement such structures.
* Interface with key stakeholders to assist with the development of execution schedules and schedule recovery/acceleration programs, where required.
* Minimum of 5 years project material control and logistics experience with an emphasis on meeting project schedule dates and strong organisation and administration skills.
* Knowledge of freight logistics processes and in particular, materials receipt and handling, condition reporting, storage and laydown and issue for construction, including documentation requirements.
* Familiarity with electronic material tracking systems, in particular, experienced with implementation and site compliance with the electronic material tracking system "Track'em"
* Familiarity with remote site construction operations and related materials control interfaces including 3PL and transport contractors.
* Execute materials control activities (receipt, OSD inspection, allocation of laydown and supervision of 3PL off load) on site delivered freight and modules for storage and issue to SMP contractors.
* Liaise with equipment preservation contractors to facilitate site preservation of delivered equipment.
* Provide progress reports on Free Issue logistics issues/activities/deliveries as identified by the Project.
* Recommend and implement project logistics expediting processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
* Be a team player. Good communication skills are a key attribute of this position.
* A passion for project logistics and materials control with a can do attitude and the ability to react positively to deadlines.
* Self-starter with a will to deliver and a positive approach to challenges and problem solving.
* Intermediate skills in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
If you are interested in the role and fit the criteria, please apply online today!
**PLEASE NOTE - only online applications will be considered**