Due to continuing strong growth, our Southern NSW operation (in collaboration with our Sydney team) are looking for an experienced Technical Director Environmental Assessment and Planning based in the Wollongong CBD, to complement our existing regional planning and approvals team (South Coast, Sydney, ACT and Riverina).
GHD has a significant profile across NSW in Environmental Assessment and Planning. You will be a member of a large planning community, seeking to deliver sustainable, adaptive solutions in partnership with our communities.
This opportunity would support an individual looking for a sea change without the loss of career opportunity and development. Alternatively, you might already be working in the area, and are looking to work on a diverse range of projects for an international consultancy
- You will work with the Business Group Leader to drive the key initiatives within the strategic plan defined by the environment and water team.
- You will have proven experience working with the Property sector. Experience working within the Sydney market is preferable.
- Contribute to the teams success by leading in the implementation of environment projects from proposal phase through to project completion, working within GHDs systems
- Undertake business development, secure new projects and develop trusted advisor relationships with clients.
- Supervision, training and mentoring of staff.
- Pursue technical excellence in the delivery of Environmental Assessment and Approvals projects for the regional team and GHD.
- Being part of a dynamic regional team, you will be required to travel (where virtual meetings are not possible). This may include travel to our South Coast, Sydney and Riverina offices.
Whilst the role is in Wollongong, you will also work closely with technical leaders in Sydney and across the southern region.
What you will bring to the team
- Be a leader in your field bringing 12+ years' experience to the role in environmental impact assessment
- a strong local and regional market presence; an individual who can provide technical leadership and business development focus.
- Experience in providing technical recommendations for bids as well as writing and crafting proposals and reports for projects
- Strong judgment and decisiveness; bias for action.
- Ability to influence others, good negotiating skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelor of Environmental Science/Engineering, Environmental Planning or Urban Planning.
- Certified environmental practitioner would be highly regarded or ability to attain certification
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the worlds leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please apply online for this role uploading yor covering letter and resume. Closing date Friday 20th November 2020
For further information contact:
Contact: Claire Humphreys
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.