Exciting opportunities for a secure career in a company experiencing considerable growth.
We are seeking a talented Service Manager who is driven to succeed, customer focused and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Here is a little bit about us
We have been in operation for over 12 years and are fast become a recognised leader in providing electrical solutions to the municipal and educational sectors. We are based in the Frankston area, but service the south east corridor of Melbourne up to the CBD.
We have a strong culture based around mutual respect for each person, their role and contribution. We enjoy providing the highest level of service to our valued customers, while also ensuring the long-term commercial success of our organisation.
We truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! We look after our people in ways that really matter to them. Our team is a respected mix of proven experience and new energy. We provide an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas and enjoy themselves.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Autonomy to make decisions, manage teams, suppliers and contractors to deliver great results
- 100% support to do your best work within a hard-working, collaborative team environment
- To be part of an A-grade team where everyone pulls their weight
- To have a sense of personal achievement in working with high profile clients
- To develop your skills and grow your career, and be financially rewarded.
Here is what were looking for in a candidate
This is a new role for someone looking to build on their career. You will obviously be a qualified A-grade electrician, but will have also had extensive experience in off-the-tools roles and in managing people.
You'll be a good communicator and relate well to clients, suppliers, and your team. You will present in a professional manner from the way you dress, through to your phone manner and your email communication.
You'll be self-motivated and enjoy working to a high standard within budgets and timeframes. People will know you for your drive and ability to get things done with a minimal of fuss.
You'll be the kind of person who can think on their feet, use initiative and problem solve issues as they crop up. You'll be self-sufficient, but also be prepared to ask for advice and help as the need arises.
Here is the role were looking to fill
This is a full-time secure role where you can expect a variety of work and responsibilities across the following areas:
- Day to day liaison with electrical service contacts at our clients
- Preparation and active participation in formal contract meetings with our clients
- Site inspections, quotation and oversight and reviewing of others quotes
- Management of the individual site electricians responsible for each site
- Recruitment interviews, onboarding, inductions and training plans
- Performance management and staff welfare
- Management of all subcontractors
- Price negotiation on bulk items and large quotes
- Review, analysis and responsibility for billable hours and job profitability
- Conducting daily WIP stand up meetings and weekly team meetings
This role will be split across multiple locations, in the Moorabbin and Oakleigh region and down to the Frankston area.
Your skills and experience:
- 5 to 10+ years as a qualified A-grade electrician
- Experience managing projects up to $1M in value
- Experience quoting projects up to $1M in value
- 3-5 years experience leading staff
- 3-5 years experience engaging with clients in a contract fulfillment capacity
- Solid understanding of business, including job profitability
- Excellent eye for detail
- Youre always looking to make sure things are just right for our clients
The starting salary package is negotiable based on your experience and the skills you bring to the organisation.
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.