Salary Packaging, Well Being Program and so much more, Make a difference within Australia's largest child health Research Institute, Part Time Max term 6 month position available.
Who Are We
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity. Dont take our word for it, check what our employees are saying!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our new Project Communications Officer in the Infectious Diseases group as part of the BRACE Trial.
The BRACE trial (www.mcri.edu.au/BRACE) is a phase III, two group, multicentre, placebo randomised controlled trial (RCT) that will include over 10,000 healthcare workers across Australia, Europe and South America. It tests whether BCG vaccination reduces the severity and impact of COVID-19. The project is funded by multiple sources, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
A key part of your role will be to drive all communications related to the BRACE trial such Trial partner communications, Participant outreach and engagement and Website and video content.
As our Project Communications Officer you have a proven ability to build engagement and relationships with a variety of stakeholders as this trial will see you work with our Campus Partners, MCRI media team, Melbourne University and the Royal Children's Hospital.
You are a natural writer and are passionate about showcasing the work we do at MCRI. You will be a key member of team and your ability to work collaboratively with the MCRI media team will see you thrive in this role.
To be successful in this role you will have outstanding communication and planning skills, coupled with proven experience in developing and implementing a broad range of communication strategies.
You are highly organised and are confident in the skills and experience you can bring to this role.
This is an exciting role that will provide you with the opportunity to make a real contribution to reducing the incidence and severity of COVID-19 and have a real impact on community health.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create, implement and oversee the external communications strategy for the Project both internal and external to effectively describe and promote MCRI and the research project
- Create, implement and oversee the participant communications strategy to effectively engage and support trial participants and drive usage of the Symptom Tracker app
- Shape external communications strategy and achieve ongoing improvement
- Collaborate with MCRI media team for media opportunities and coordinate subject matter experts
- Develop high-quality resources, promotion or corporate communications materials
- Create, develop and review content - for print and online, press releases, video, podcasts
- Aid in the preparation of presentations and speeches to engage with stakeholders
- Create, develop and publish content for Brace website page and social media
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in at least one area of communications, media, marketing or public relations.
- 6+ plus years experience in communications, media, marketing, public relations or other related field.
- Experience in leading communications across a large, diverse and complex organisation.
- Capable to shape a communications strategy and achieve ongoing improvement
- Record of developing high-quality pitch, promotional or corporate communications materials.
- Strong team player able to demonstrate emotional intelligence and sound judgement
- Ability to exercise initiative with discretion and apply risk management controls.
- Juggling competing demands and priorities, often under pressure; balancing strategic and tactical priorities to ensure optimal outcomes for the Institute.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Social media and online media experience
- Ability to work with senior leaders and influence outcomes.
- Background in Science/health/medical research/academic environment/government (B2B and B2C)
- Self-lead and able to work with agility, maturity and resilience
- Working with Children & National Police Clearance (if appointed).
- 6 month contract with the possibility to extend
- Part Time 0.4 - 0.6 FTE
- + super + salary packaging,
- Benefits include: childcare, Employee Assistance Program, mindfulness, gym, and bike storage to highlight a few
Indeed Website Please Note ALL Applications must come via MCRI Careers only. Direct applications via email do not apply. www.mcri.edu.au/careers
For a full list of responsibilities and the key selection criteria download the position description.
Only applicants who address the key selection criteria will be considered.
In one document please submit
- Cover Letter
- Key Selection Criteria
- Examples of your communication work such as written copy, promotion of projects and your organisation and infographics
Applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website.
For specific questions not answered in the PD please contact Dr Sue Perlen
Existing MCRI and VCGS staff (excluding Unpaid non-managers and non Graduate Research Students) are required to apply through the MCRI internal site only. Navigate to Nucleus--> Talent Management--> Careers to submit the application.
Click apply to proceed with your application.
Closing Date: *13 November 2020
Position Reference: 23134
*On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.
Please note: Applications via recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position