Bring your creativity, talent and skills to this new role!
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand designs for a variety of mediums.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about designing, developing and producing creative concepts, layouts and designs for the Departments internal and external audiences, including graphics, publications, Powerpoint, digital illustrations, social content, posters, signage and various other collateral as required.
Your designs should capture the attention of the target audience and communicate the right message. You will have a strong ability to translate requirements into design, be able to communicate well, and work collaboratively with a dedicated team. Responsible for concept, design through to final outputs to specification, your skills should include understanding of print processes, accessibility and digital outputs.
Your creative talents will support the range of activities our team delivers across the Department, including strategic communications and marketing activities; major advertising campaigns; awards and promotional events; corporate identity management; and managing digital channels.
Our focus is to ensure all activities enhance the image and reputation of the Department and promote Western Australian Government initiatives in education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable skills and experience in developing concepts and design briefs for a range of communication materials to support the purpose and direction of projects and provide design updates at key milestones throughout each project.
- Experience in developing new designs from a written brief and applying existing designs to any communication materials across a range of channels.
- Proven experience in designing and developing corporate publications for a range of audiences using contemporary graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to work to agreed priorities and outcomes, be responsive in changes and work independently or as part of a team.
- Well developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships with internal and external stakeholders and consult, share information and seek feedback from others.
- Capacity to proof and edit content for corporate promotional material such as websites, publications, display material and other communication, and present materials to suit a range of audiences.
- Experience in the use of audio-visual equipment and knowledge of lighting techniques for still photography and contemporary sound and editing software including Premiere Pro.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kim Parkin, Digital Marketing Strategist by telephoning (08) 9264 4388 or emailing [email protected]
All applications are submitted online. Select Apply for Job, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- A portfolio of work submitted as a PDF of no more than four (4) pages which does not exceed 2MB, containing images of past work. No external links permitted.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting Apply for Job.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a relevant tertiary discipline in graphic design, multimedia, visual art or related discipline and at least five (5) years industry experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Departments induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Departments training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 18 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED