Newly created role on a major project, 24 Month Fixed-Term opportunity with possibility of extension, Gain exposure to years of industry experience.
Are you an experienced Test Manager looking for a lead position on a major progressive and challenging project, resulting in huge impact We have just the one for you!
- Newly created role on a major project!
- 24 Month Fixed Term with possibility of extension
- Gain exposure to years of industry experience
About the opportunity
Powerlink is Queenslands high-voltage electricity transmission company. We are a well-established Government Owned Corporation with aspirational goals to embed innovation into our day to day business to provide a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money. We are looking for someone who can help us deliver a challenging, innovative operational technology project.
This role is offered as a 24 month Fixed Term, Full - Time opportunity, with possibility of extension subject to consultation.
Do you recognise yourself in this opportunity
Powerlink is embarking on a transformational journey to leverage the benefits available through the introduction of next-generational technology and prepare the network operations to be ready for the future.
The EMS Test Lead is responsible for working closely with the Program Director, Program Manager and Project Managers to oversee the implementation of a new Energy Management System which is core to Powerlinks business. They will lead the test and release cycles and release management, ensuring the quality of the deliverable is without risk.
Powerlink is seeking a Test Manager with hands-on with diverse delivery experience across large transformational programs. You will be an industry professional who is delivery/outcomes focussed.
To be successful, you will need:
- Significant experience leading large complex testing for software implementations;
- Experience leading testing for the implementation of an EMS for an Australian power company;
- Experience with test planning, test execution, test requirements management, across all impacted systems and interfaces for the following classes of testing: systems, integration, regression, data conversion verification, production verification and performance testing.
- Familiarity with Australian RPEQ requirements, AEMO commissioning requirements and a broad range of testing tools, such as HP Quality Centre and testing support tools such JIRA.
- Experience leading and running EMS testing, commissioning and delivery for replacement EMS software.
- Knowledge in Transmission systems (SCADA), Telecommunications, Network Infrastructure, Port System Controls.
- Degree in Engineering/ or Project Management or an AD coupled with significant experience within a project delivery environment.
- Significant experience with Transmission EMS/ SCADA Systems
- Experience in the integration of globally recognised industry leading EMS/SCADA solutions (Desirable).
If you see yourself in this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Please click apply and follow the prompts, submitting your resume and a cover letter
Applications close on Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 11:59pm.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years powering the States economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.