Twelve month fixed term opportunity, Operational management position, Oversee the delivery of business systems to support staff & Wathaurong community.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Corporate Services this position manages a team that has responsibility for leading and supporting the day to day operation of the Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Housing, Quality and Compliance space. The Systems Transformation Manager will support the Executive Manager to provide strategic thinking and advice to ensure our services meet the needs of the organisation and community.
- Managing the day to day operations of HR, Finance, Facilities, Housing and Quality & Compliance, ensuring key deliverables and timelines are met.
- Identifying and actively responding to emerging issues impacting on programs and processes within your teams.
- Forging strong connections across the organisation and with external stakeholders to facilitate a partnership approach.
- Working with senior management to set and achieve key performance indicators and standards.
- Providing strategic advice and planning and oversee change management initiatives and integrated approaches to enhance compliance standards across the organisation.
- Developing open and effective communication strategies including collection of highly complex, contentious or sensitive information on matters of staff or business.
- Representing the organisation on key committees and bodies concerned with achieving portfolio objectives.
The successful candidate will be:
- Degree qualified (preferred) in management, finance, human resources, or other relevant discipline / experience.
- Have knowledge of safe and appropriate cultural practices for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focused services.
- Have experience providing strategic leadership and team management in a community sector environment.
- Have experience working in a service delivery setting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, or culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Geelong boasts beautiful beaches, award-winning wineries, laneway dining, a fascinating heritage and an enormous range of recreational opportunities from fishing and golfing to diving and surfing. Victorias second largest city offers a fantastic lifestyle with affordable housing, stress less traffic and fantastic employment opportunities.
This role is based in contemporary offices at the beautifully redeveloped Federal Mills Park in North Geelong.
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- 9.5% superannuation
- Not for profit salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accredited training opportunities and study leave
The name Wathaurong (Wada-Wurrung) is a recognised tribe (community) which consisted of some 25 clans (family groups) that formed part of the Kulin Nation of Aboriginal people.
The traditional boundaries of the Wathaurong people span the coastline from the Werribee River to Lorne peninsula and traverse inland in a north westerly direction towards Ballarat. The Wathaurong people have lived within these regions for more than 25,000 years.
As custodians of the Wathaurong lands, we are committed to working together to provide a secure future for our community by upholding the dignity of our ancestors; respecting our Elders and instilling a sense of cultural pride and belonging for our children and childrens children.
The Co-operative provides a range of services including; family and community services, support to young people, justice support services; cultural services, and health services. Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative Ltd is the largest employer of Aboriginal people within the Geelong region.
Applications should consist of a current resume and a cover letter including responses to the Key Selection Criteria, submitted in Word or PDF format before the closing date.
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Simon Flagg at 0409 156 319
Applications for this position will close on COB 13th September 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview.