Influential role in purpose and values driven organisation, Permanent Full Time opportunity, Join the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
At SBS we believe in the power of difference. We believe that by seeing beyond borders, breaking down barriers and celebrating diversity, we'll create a more united future for Australia, at a time when the world is becoming ever more divided. We believe that multicultural, multi-coloured and multilingual is better than monochrome or monotone. And we believe that our differences don't just make a difference, they make a world of difference.
We now have an awesome opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join our high performing, inclusive and friendly team, based in Artarmon, Sydney. The role will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team. The team have a vision to become a strategic decision support function that aligns behind stakeholder value generating activities, fosters collaboration, and advances value add through proactive data-driven insights supporting operational decisions to SBS's strategy whilst delivering effective budgeting and forecasting, advanced financial analysis and advice to supporting corporate wide planning and resource allocation.
About the role
In this Group Analyst role, you will report into the Senior Group Planning & Reporting Manager and work closely with the Head of FP&A and the Chief Financial Officer to deliver organisation wide budgets and forecasts, using analytics and insights to present and drive business decisions and performance, and support the preparation of management/board reporting in a complex and changing media environment.
This role will also provide advanced modelling and data-driven insights to refine financial and strategic decisions across the organisation, ability to distil complex information and be able to tell a story including using data visualisation tools, enhance systems and data usage and more. You will be able to balance strategy with tactical execution and won't be afraid of getting your hands dirty. You'll need to be adept at resolving problems whilst juggling multiple priorities at the same time.
The right person to join our team will be a high performing FP&A/Commercial Analyst experienced in supporting businesses with diverse functions and needs, and will come with:
- 5-10 years' experience in financial planning or a commercial finance role (media preferred but not essential)
- Experience in delivering commercial insights, along with data and process improvements
- Experience building relationships across all levels, coaching and supporting others to complement the existing team and business
- Ability to work collaboratively to distil a problem, analyse and deliver actionable insights
- Experience with TM1 and Tableau or equivalent dashboarding/reporting tool preferred
- Advanced modelling skills and proficiency in data manipulation
- Experience in preparation and presentation to senior executives and investor presentations
- Proven experience in managing complex change initiatives in order to deliver on strategy
At SBS, we embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We want your vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten our halls, light up our screens and strengthen our team.
SBS also recognises that everyone is unique and you may require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration.
Applications close 20 November COB.