Under the general supervision of the Consul (Management and Consular Services), the incumbent of this position supports all programs of the Consulate General, by providing information and assistance to members of the public, and various administrative duties for programs, including:
- Providing reception services to callers and visitors in English and French;
- Providing information to Canadian clients on consular and passport services;
- Accepting passport applications, and completing preliminary checks for completeness;
- Receiving and dispatching mail and courier deliveries/pick-ups;
- Preparing unofficial translations of documents from English to French;
- Assisting on basic accounting duties;
- Other administrative duties as required.
Area of selection:
This position is open to candidates who meet all of the conditions of employment and essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture.
Canadas missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
- Successful completion of post-secondary diploma (TAFE) or an acceptable combination of education, training and work experience related to the position duties.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English and French.
- Minimum of one year experience working in one of the following fields: Government or Corporate environment.
- Knowledge of general administrative procedures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Competencies and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Focused on quality and details;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Shows initiative;
- Able to identity and solve problems.
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the essential and asset qualifications of the job as well as personal suitability.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including: a personal interview with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicants knowledge, abilities, competencies and personal suitability for the position. In addition, tests may be conducted to assist the selection board in assessing the applicants qualifications, skills and language ability. Reference verifications shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
Conditions of Employment (must be met):
- Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those holding a valid visa permitting them to work indefinitely in Australia will be eligible to apply.
- A valid Reliability Status security clearance is a requirement prior to appointment from the Government of Canada. This involves, among other things, criminal record checks, credit checks, and validation of qualifications.
- A police reference check is also required. The required level of security clearance must be maintained throughout the employment period.
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted through this website http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.phprequirementId=4244& by 23:59 (GMT+11) on 13 November 2020,Sydney Time
- Only applications received through the aforementioned website before the closing date will be accepted.
- Applicants should send a rsum and covering letter in English or French which addresses each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, please include your VEVO/Visa Grant Notice with your application.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only contact those who pass the initial screening.
- Please note that the Government of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates who fail to confirm their attendance at our written exam and/or interview will be considered withdrawn from the process.
- Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language (English or French) in their application.
- Candidates are advised that the exam and interview will only be re-scheduled under these exceptional circumstances:
a. Medical reason with certificate
b. Pre-arranged travel with proof
c. Pre-scheduled training with proof
d. Death in the family
e. Other exceptional reason deemed acceptable by the Selection Board
The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Consulate General Canada in Sydney which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.