Great Team and Supportive Environment, Attractive Remuneration Package including Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice, Opportunity to Work in a Nationally Recognised Network.
About the Organisation
Clayton Church Homes is a leading provider of residential aged care, retirement living accommodation and home care services across metropolitan Adelaide and the Adelaide Hills.
Since 1968, CCH has been proud to offer an environment of inclusion and dignity to older South Australians, continually striving to provide the very best in physical, emotional and pastoral support.
As an independent, profit-for-purpose organisation, the comfort and well-being of the people we serve is at the heart of everything we do.
We continue to develop and improve services in response to the changing needs of South Australias ageing population, driven by our guiding principles - Respect, Quality, Choice and Governance.
At CCH, we want you to be supported, be independent, be respected and above all, Be You.
About the Role
CCH has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Officer to join our organisation.
The Maintenance officer is responsible for facility maintenance access the interior and exterior of our facilities to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and staff.
- Preventative and Reactive Maintenance of property and equipment (eg. plumbing, carpentry, painting etc)
- Testing and Tagging of electrical items
- General garden maintenance (eg. weeding, irrigation, etc)
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in building and grounds maintenance (aged care experience is desirable)
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks including use of tools and equipment
- Experience in testing and tagging
- Garden maintenance experience preferred but not essential
- Willingness to be involved in the after-hours on-call roster
- Knowledge of safe working conditions
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect for residents and colleagues
- Previous experience working autonomously with limited direction.
- A Current National Police Check less than 3 years old
Why join Clayton Church Homes
At CCH, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset.
Employee benefits include:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging and meals and entertainment benefits
- Access to retail and lifestyle discounts
- Flexible working conditions
- Ongoing training and support
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
Applications close Friday 20 November 2020.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current aged care compliant national police clearance or be willing to obtain one.
Please note as part of a condition of employment CCH reserves the right to have staff independently medically assessed. This assessment will be aligned to the inherent requirements of the role and or for work, health and safety purposes.