Reporting directly to the Manager of Darwin, we have an exciting new role for a junior level (or Graduate) Quantity Surveyor, with 1-3 years of experience.
Based in the heart of Darwin's CBD, you will be involved in delivering outstanding results to our clients through the delivery of bespoke and market leading Quantity Surveying services.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Cost planning and estimating
- Cost analysis and benchmarking
- Value management
- Undertake research in relation to prices for items
- Preparation of Bills of Quantities, project cash flows, reports, asset management and life cycle costing
- Design option appraisal
- Post contract cost control
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Resource management and planning.
This is a multi-faceted, busy and challenging role that consists of a combination of autonomous and team work.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to thrive under pressure and meet multiple, conflicting deadlines in calm professional manner, both autonomously and within a team environment
- Cost planning, cost management and reporting skills
- Ability to establish and grow exceptional working relationships with co-workers, clients and potential clients
- Report writing abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attitude towards team work and the ability to motivate and support other team members
- Independent worker who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Negotiation, contract management and communication skills
- Desire to work within our national network of offices
- Experience with CostX (preferred)
- Relevant undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Management
- At least one to three years of post-graduate experience (preferred).
In return, you will receive an attractive remuneration package and join an equal opportunity organisation that is committed to and invests in the empowerment of each and every employee.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 4th December, 2020
Only successful candidates will be contacted.