World-class Agribusiness, Enjoy an Outback Lifestyle, Full-Time Position - Commencing January 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Bore Runner to join our operations at Brunchilly Station, Northern Territory, in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Brunchilly Station, situated in the Northern Territory, spans over 4,572 km2 and has an average carrying capacity of 24,000 head of cattle. Expansive gardens and lawns surround the station complex, which includes a swimming pool and social club.
Brunchilly prides itself on providing a workplace that encourages personal growth, in a friendly and supportive team-based environment. Team Members undertake various training conducted by industry professionals, ensuring everyone receives the best opportunity to further their career in the industry. Throughout the year, mustering operations and general station work intertwines with social events across the NT.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Carrying out Bore runs to check Station watering points and maintain water facilities and pipelines;
- Servicing, maintaining and repairing solar pumps, mono pumps with Kubota motors and submersible pumps with small generators;
- Trough & fencing repairs; and
- General vehicle and workshop maintenance.
- Training will also be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sound mechanical knowledge of motors & pumps
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to comprehend operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (Heavy Vehicle licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What We Offer You
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.