Matrix Estimating is a fun dynamic young company with a solid reputation of providing quality work coupled with exceptional service. We are passionate about building the business of our clients and provide precise cost estimates, professional quotations, and personal follow-ups, which saves our clients time and money.
Our team utilises the latest software to take-off and estimate a wide range of projects within the commercial, retail, civil engineering, and residential sectors. We are growing rapidly across several disciplines and are seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic Contracts Administrator to join our team.
We are proud of the service we offer to our clients and in return offer our employees autonomous flexible working conditions and exciting growth opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator to work independently on individual or multiple projects from start to finish, gathering information, analysing important metrics, compiling professional tender submissions and to prepare accurate cost estimates.
The ideal candidate must have onsite experience, excellent numerical skills and hold either a tertiary degree in engineering/construction or a trade qualification with 3 years estimating experience. You must also be thorough and professional in managing relationships with our key clients/personal.
This role is a full-time working opportunity. Matrix Estimating will provide a unique flexible working opportunity, ongoing training and associated software.
- Progress claims and variations
- Management and tracking of project expenditure
- Preparation of client monthly reports
- Interpret drawings and specifications
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and subcontractors when required
- Review and assess incoming tender documentation
- Prepare and submit quotes including required tender documentation
- Inspect sites and attend meetings as required
- Build relationships with key clients (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on project planning (schedules, manpower etc.)
- Provide material take-offs for successful projects
Work across different sectors
- Civil construction
Our ideal candidate
- Minimum 3 years experience in a CA role - preferably in the construction sector.
- A Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, or other relevant qualification in Administration would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills with an ability to work under pressure and plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Advanced clerical and administrative skills including sound analytical skills and accurate record keeping.
- Must be able to clearly visualise drawings and interpret scope of works
- Must have experience tendering on projects between $200K to $3M+
- Must have advanced computer skills and MUST be able to use CostX, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat (industry software)
- Optional ability to use Planswift or Cubit would also be favourable
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Eligible to work in Australia
To apply for this position
A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role is essential.
To be considered for this position, please provide the following:
- Your Resume
- A cover letter outlining experience and addressing the above selection criteria for our ideal candidate
Please note, only applications that provide the above information and that are submitted via Seek online portal will be considered. Please do not submit applications via direct email.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 4th Decemeber 2020