World-class Agribusiness, Fun and Inclusive Team, Full-time position, commencing February 2021.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has a position available for an experienced and suitably qualified Diesel Mechanic to join our operations at Inverway Station, Northern Territory in 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Inverway & Riveren stations, located in the picturesque and historic Victoria River District of the Northern Territory, run in aggregation to produce quality cattle from the native pastures of the Victoria River watershed. Inverway & Riveren run a herd of 35 000 head that are mustered using horses, motorbikes and helicopters. The station compounds are welcoming with established gardens, recently renovated accommodation and well-appointed facilities.
We believe strongly in the opportunities offered by careers in the pastoral industry. We value eager attitudes, strong work ethic, inclusiveness and integrity. Our established and emerging leaders are dedicated to ensuring the transfer of best practice skills and knowledge for the future success of our people and our industry. The contributions of each employee are recognised as fundamental to the maintenance of our standard of work and station culture. All employees are encouraged to be active members of the regions engaging wider community and to participate in the vibrant social scene. Working at Inverway & Riveren you can be assured of team solidarity, attention to your professional and personal development and a unique experience in a beautiful part of Australia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Establishing and maintaining the maintenance program for all station vehicles, plant and machinery;
- Implementing the maintenance program and carrying out repairs;
- Managing the spare parts inventory, including ordering of parts and equipment as required; and
- Maintaining an efficient and safe workshop
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant Qualifications and experience working as a Diesel Mechanic;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely;
- High level of organisation skills to co-ordinate a daily and weekly work schedule;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.