Who are we
Bird & Bird is a highly respected global law firm but thats only part of the story!
Weve built our international reputation not only on exceptional legal expertise, but also on our ability to think beyond the details of law to meet our clients' needs. We have over 1,300 lawyers worldwide working as a single, cohesive team across 29 offices in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. In other parts of the world, we work with a network of trusted partners, giving us genuine global reach.
Who are you
We are looking for a creative thinker and innovative problem solver with high attention to detail, ideally with 1-2 years of marketing & BD experience, and preferably with a background from legal or the professional services industry.
You will be highly organised, pragmatic, enthusiastic and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively. You will have strong MS office and social media skills and be able to adapt to systems and databases easily (with training of course!).
You will report directly to the Marketing & BD Manager and provide dedicated marketing & BD support to the firm with a particular focus on Australia, as a member of our collaborative Asia-Pacific and global MBD team. You will work closely with all levels of seniority and you will be client focussed.
What will you be doing
Your duties and responsibilities will support the firm. These include but are not limited to;
- Supporting the Business Development and Marketing Manager (Australia) in the delivery of the marketing and business development initiatives and programmes
- Maintaining and updating our CRM database (OnePlace) and other systems and platforms
- Supporting event management and coordination especially in relation to Australian and regional events and webinars
- Assisting with the production of marketing collateral for internal and external use including liaising with external 3rd parties (printers etc)
- Managing the production and distribution of e-marketing bulletins, invitations etc via our E-Comms system and reporting on readership statistics
- Assisting with creating Australian content for social media and other media (eg video)
- Liaising with the relevant internal teams in relation to website and intranet updates
- Supporting on pitch infrastructure and ensuring standard pitch information is kept up to date
- Collating drafts of marketing and business development documents, using standard templates and firm branding
- Supporting on PR activities including thought leadership, directory and award submissions
- Ordering and stock management of branded merchandise for the office and/or for special events
- Assisting with setting up meetings and general team related administration
- Collaborating with colleagues, using creativity and innovative approaches, to deliver exciting new events and projects
- Other ad hoc MBD related work
What will we offer you
As an international law firm, we encourage open communication and transparency, especially important as we are open plan to maintain a friendly flat structure, allowing easy access to our senior leaders. We have many internal initiatives to support our warm culture.
Whether its hearing about firm updates during our regular whole-of-office morning tea celebrations (currently virtual, but normally catered in-office), or catching up with colleagues during our monthly social drinks, team lunches, and other social events, we are a collaborative office. Whether youre a classical musician, yoga practitioner, avid reader, crafty, ocean swimmer or keen team sportsperson, we support many activities here. You will also be a part of a wider international Bird & Bird network with active involvement in regional Asia-Pacific and international initiatives.
Health & Well-being
We care about our people. We provide many health and well being benefits such as ergonomic assessments, flu shots, well-being seminars and a fantastic EAP service with a digital support platform "The Resilience Box" providing tips, tools and strategies for mental, physical and financial well-being. We also have very successful lunchtime sporting teams as well as after work yoga classes and a swimming group with our own designer twobirds "Budgie Smugglers"!
Personal and Professional Development
All new starters receive an extensive induction training. As your career develops, we ensure you are continuously upskilled with formal and informal programmes.
Corporate Social Responsibility - We encourage our team to be actively involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives and committees:
Diversity and Inclusion Committee;
Innovation Task Force;
Pro Bono Committee;
Environment and Sustainability Committee;
Volunteering Service Provider (Vollie);
We offer a competitive package, a friendly, flexible supportive culture, excellent modern offices in the CBD and great exposure to the firm and its clients globally.
This role is open to Australian residents, or those who hold a current visa providing the right to work in Australia for the entire contract period, along with strong English skills.
We are passionate about making a difference, that is why our people contribute their expertise, skills and resources to a variety of good causes around the world. We encourage this by giving them the tools to participate in the pro bono and volunteering work they support.
Bird & Bird is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We consider all candidates fairly, regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.