Full-time position, commencing April 2021, Grow your Career, Training & Mentoring Provided.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting position available for an experienced Station Hand to join our operations at Fossil Downs Station, WA in April 2021.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Fossil Downs Station is situated in the beautiful Kimberley region of WA and spans an area of 394,000 hectares and runs 20,000 head of quality Droughtmaster cattle. Employing approximately 17 staff throughout the dry season, Fossil Downs carries out mustering using their own helicopters, vehicles and horses.
The station homestead is surrounded by lush gardens and has all the necessary facilities and communications that help make the station a home for all of our staff.
Fossil Downs prides itself on teamwork and community, where all Team Members are valued and respected, and play an integral part in the successful and smooth running of the station.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, your key duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes;
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry and processing;
- Carrying out general station maintenance and repairs - including fencing & welding;
- Undertaking general vehicle & machinery operation and basic maintenance; and
- Assisting with land and environmental management practices.
- Ongoing training will be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the movement, handling and processing of cattle, using calm methods with the advantage of digitalised communication, improved weaner cradles, cattle crushes and yard shading;
- Sound horsemanship and motorbike skills;
- Fencing, stock water and general maintenance skills;
- Competent operation of various station machinery/equipment and carry out basic maintenance;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to working safely;
- Good understanding of animal welfare practices;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence (truck licence an advantage, or be willing to obtain);
- Hold a Motorbike Licence (preferred or be willing to obtain); and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we offer you
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.