Develop and deliver marketing plan and RQ brand, Lead and develop team a realigned team to deliver great events for racing in Qld, Northside location, flexible work options and generous employee benefits.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an experienced and strategic Marketing Manager to lead the development and delivery of the RQ marketing plan and RQ brand.
Reporting to the General Manager Marketing and Corporate Affairs, the Marketing Manager has primary responsibility for the development and delivery of the marketing plan and RQ brand.
The Marketing Manager will also develop, implement and scope all marketing strategies, plans and initiatives to support and showcase the annual cycle of events, i.e. racing calendar/carnivals and to build great events for racing in Queensland. This role will also lead and develop a team to build capability and deliver superior outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a marketing function with primary responsibility for organisational brand.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and delivering agreed performance measures and targets.
- Experience in solving unpredictable problems within tight timeframes.
- Proven ability to identify and implement strategies to minimise risk and meet governance and compliance requirements.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and drive an industry-centric service culture.
- Ability to consult, negotiate, communicate and influence outcomes when there are conflicting interests or differences of opinion.
- Superior ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, work under pressure, show resilience and make effective decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership competence to enhance individual and team capability and potential, whilst promoting a healthy and safe workplace.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, including the ability to interpret and respond to government.
- Knowledge and understanding of the racing and wagering industry, or similar sector, is highly desirable.
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Commensurate demonstrated experience in a similar role is required.
- Professional membership or association highly desirable
RQ is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your resilience and ability to think on your feet will be key factors to your success. With your results-driven attitude and forward-thinking style, you will build trust and credibility with all stakeholder groups through superior interpersonal skills.
This role affords the scope to realise the significant professional uplift of working for a tri-code Principal Racing Authority. We recruit values-aligned people into Racing Queensland who lead by example and thrive on delivering results in a high-performance culture.
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness.
RQs vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queenslands number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
How to apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity click APPLY now to submit your:
- Covering letter outlining your experience
- Current resume
Applications close 5pm on 22 November 2020
Please note the following conditions apply:
- May be required to work on weekends and extended hours when reasonably required.
- Must hold a current drivers licence.
- Intrastate and/or interstate travel may be a requirement.
- May be required to undergo a criminal history check.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Understanding/passion/willingness to learn about the sport of racing and nuances associated with the industry.