Location: Level 4, 23 OConnell Street Sydney NSW 2000
Salary: $70,000 plus 9.5% superannuation
Our client, R.J. Chalmers & Co Pty Limited, are Chartered Accountants (CA) practice and licensed Tax Agents. Company enjoys the reputation of being one of the most successful accounting firms in Australia and specializes in business consulting, taxation, accounting and tax compliance services, private wealth services, liquidation and insolvency.
Company works across all industry sectors and business sizes delivering valuable advice and high-quality outcomes and is looking to fill a full-time permanent position for a skilled and experienced Taxation Accountant.
You will be responsible for client interaction, supporting the team and the provision of tax services for a high quality, diverse client base. You will work on a variety of different entities, ranging from individuals through to companies and self-managed superannuation funds. You will also be involved in providing business advice and consultation to assist the clients in improving business performance.
The role will report to the Manager and will be involved in provision of timely and accurate financial information, as well as development of a professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders. You are required to have a proven ability to consistently deliver impeccable tax compliance standards even under pressure.
You must hold a Bachelors degree in Accounting. 3 years previous experience as Tax Accountant in public practice is must.
In this role your main responsibilities include:
- Preparation of management reports, financial statements, tax returns and BAS for individual, partnership, company, trust and super fund clients
- Manage a set client portfolio considering all facets of their tax compliance
- Deal with complex tax and GST arrangements
- Resolve tax and accounting issues while liaising with clients accountants and bookkeeper
- Preparation of company and Individual income tax returns, deceased estate, self managed super funds, and trust.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and reports
- Manage and maintain the companys tax database
- Work with Manager in creation and extension of service offering to clients
- Cash flow management/forecasting
- Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- Create, install and monitor internal controls and procedures
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial management reports for senior management
- Reviewing and keeping informed on TAX legislation, legal and commercial documents
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Liaise with ATO and other Government bodies on client matters
- Deal with internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of completing assurance services
- Review financial statements, expenses and previous tax returns to identify the best strategy for completing future returns.
The successful candidate will be a motivated Taxation Accountant with minimum 3+ years experience in taxation preparation (including personal, trust, SMSF, businesses).
You will need to possess the following skills and personal attributes:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and end-to-end accounting processes
- Sound knowledge of income tax, GST and accounting standards
- Knowledge of structures and tax planning approaches used in large or private businesses
- Strong skills preferably in Microsoft products, XERO, MYOB, Class Super, BGL 360
- Previous exposure to accounting and tax software
- Must have solid knowledge of systems, processes and internal controls
- CA/ CPA qualifications (or near competition) are desirable
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.