WA's Premier Performing Arts Organisation, Strong, collaborative, values-based culture, Full time role, flexible working environment.
About the business
From the centre of Perth to the furthest corners of our state, every year since 1928, we set hearts racing with extraordinary music and exhilarating performances for all West Australians to share.
- Fulltime permanent position, CBD location
- Bring your love of music and digital marketing together
- Join a high performance team advocating for the power of music in Western Australia
We create the spark that sets off a lifelong love of music because we believe it has the power to touch the soul and enrich lives.
West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO) is a not-for-profit company that thrives on the enthusiasm, passion and support of our entire community. We harness this energy to create events and programs across the State to stimulate learning and participation in a vibrant cultural life.
We are both fierce advocates for our great classical musical heritage and passionate leaders in the commissioning and performance of new music by leading Australian and international composers. Every year we mobilise and nurture a new generation of young and emerging artists to help secure a bright future for music in Australia.
Ensuring WASO is presented in its best light across all digital communication channels, you will be inspired by your passion for music and driven by your marketing skills to nurture our digital presence. With an inquisitive and analytical approach, you will proactively curate video content, short and long form written content, and photography for social media, our email newsletters and website. You will also reach out to engage with our community in conversations about our musicians, our industry, our work in the community and what inspires people to form a life-long love of music.
Sharing our story, our people and our impact in the community across our digital platforms is key to our success.
To be successful you will have relevant tertiary qualification in arts, marketing or related fields, or equivalent extensive demonstrated experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Hands on experience and strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to create content for all social media platforms that is brand aligned;
- Experience with developing and executing a social media plan
- Experience in moderating and effectively addressing inquiries and feedback raised across various social media channels
- Strong creative copy-writing skills or story-telling experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in evaluating analytics and insights to maximise campaign performance (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Suite, Meltwater etc.)
- Experience in executing creative campaigns for a variety of platforms and audiences
- Experience in working with internal stakeholders to maximise buy-in and integrate content
If you have a passion for music and marketing, this is your next career step.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading and iconic arts organisation, where you will be directly supporting and involved in live music performance. Our employees enjoy many of our performances either free or discounted as well as non-remunerative benefits such as continuing professional development, flexible working conditions and enjoyment of our Health and Wellness Program. This is your opportunity to engage in a vibrant cultural environment in the heart of the CBD.
The West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO) promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. WASO encourages people with disability, Indigenous Australians, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
Applications close: Wednesday 18 November 2020 (close of business)
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered for this position.
No Agency approach please.