The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Technology Consulting Data and Analytics teamin our Perth office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead the planning and budgeting for a portfolio of projects; mobilise and manage the project team
- Lead program teams comprised of both business analysts and technical streams
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors, leading the client relationship across multiple levels
- Develop and maintain contact with stakeholders (internal and external) to organise and lead engagement teams, maximise program success, expand the current program offering and enhance the quality of existing program(s)
- Participate and lead the proposal development including the pricing strategy in line with the business processes
- Lead the delivery strategy for the program, including a robust risk mitigation plan
- Understanding how different projects and streams on a single account interlink and how collectively support the clients business objectives with a focus of an integrated approach to deliver a successful client outcome
- Provide professional and strategic leadership regarding best practice delivery approach, project metrics and overall project quality
Skills and attributes for success
Were looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
- Ability to lead business development with a proven track record of achieving business sales in the Data & Analytics with Utility and Mining market sectors
- Strong Data & Analytics market presence and network in Perth
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing complex business transformation projects that deliver improved customer-focussed and efficient services that lead to ongoing sales activities
- Superior internal and external stakeholder management skills with the ability to credibly communicate, negotiate and influence strategic outcomes at C- level executives
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast pace, complex, matrixed environment
Project Delivery Capability
- Proven track record of independently managing Data & Analytics or SI programs of more than 20-40 FTEs
- Experience leading end-to-end business value Data & Analytics transformation programs
- Demonstrated background as a successful Program Manager/Delivery Lead in managing high value, complex BI & Analytics programs in a large and diverse organisation
- Strong problem-solving skills, with proven ability to analyse issues from different perspectives and draw commercially sound recommendations
- Experience in managing off-shore delivery
- Strong stakeholder management across multiple levels (internal and external)
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving analytical capabilities
- Ability to effectively work and lead across cross-functional teams on projects
- Ability to make well thought decisions in complex or ambiguous situations
- Solid understanding both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Ability to coach and mentor cross-functional dynamic teams and operate autonomously
- Experience mentoring individuals and leaders
- Facilitate/lead/participate in identification of solution options and features
- Review project implementation to ensure alignment with conceptual design, and resolve any operational issues
- Collaborate with development leads and SMEs to design and implement a solution that will best support a clients business strategy and business needs
Ideally, youll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where youll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensiveTotal Rewardspackage can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way thats right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalisedcareer developmentincluding coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills youll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment processfor people with disability.
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.