Develop and deliver, innovative memorable creative to promote Qld racing, Permanent role on Brisbane Northside, Flexible work options and generous employee benefits.
Following a recent functional realignment which included a review of marketing resourcing, structural and operational requirements, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, collaborative and creative Graphic Designer to join the marketing team.
This Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and delivering creative, innovative and memorable creative which showcases the Queensland racing industry and will promote and market the three codes of racing in Queensland and assist the organisation in achieving its strategic and operational objectives.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the role will coordinate work requests across the three codes of racing, liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver design and content that is on time and budget and actively promotes Racing Queenslands (RQ) purpose to champion great racing and events which connect Queensland communities.
- Experience in providing graphic design support to a marketing team (desirable).
- Experience in delivering work to specification with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience and initiative in creative thinking.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service.
- Ability to recommend improvements and solve problems by applying known solutions, or by interpreting relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain the cooperation of others to comply with operational requirements.
- Ability to take ownership for own behaviour and work autonomously as well as being a team player to meet performance expectations.
- Ability to interpret stakeholder requirements and review and prepare creative images in response.
- A Certificate/Diploma in Marketing and/or commensurate experience in a similar role
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe Suite (XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), video editing software (Premiere Pro, Flash) & eDM platforms such as MailcChimp or Vision6
RQ is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your resilience and ability to think on your feet will be key factors to your success. With your results-driven attitude and forward-thinking style, you will build trust and credibility with all stakeholder groups through superior interpersonal skills.
This role affords the scope to realise the significant professional uplift of working for a tri-code Principal Racing Authority. We recruit values-aligned people into Racing Queensland who lead by example and thrive on delivering results in a high-performance culture.
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness.
RQs vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queenslands number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
How to apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity click APPLY now to submit your:
- Covering letter outlining your experience
- Current resume
Applications close 5pm on 22 November 2020
Please note the following conditions apply:
- May be required to work on weekends and extended hours when reasonably required
- Must hold a current drivers licence
- Intrastate travel may be a requirement
- May be required to undergo a criminal history check.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.