Positively promote the racing industry in Qld, Permanent role on Brisbane Northside, Flexible work options and generous employee benefits.
Following a recent functional realignment which included a review of marketing resourcing, structural and operational requirements, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, motivated and creative Media Coordinator to assist the marketing team deliver superior outcomes aligned to RQs strategic plan.
Reporting to the General Manager Marketing and Corporate Affairs, the newly created position of Media Coordinator is responsible for developing and delivering creative, innovative and memorable content which showcase the Queensland racing industry.
The Media Coordinator will also develop, implement and scope all media communications plans and initiatives to support and showcase specific events, as well as overseeing the organisations industry publications. This role will also work collaboratively with the Communication Coordinator to deliver superior outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, preparing and distributing content across media channels aligned the organisations strategic plan.
- Ability to lead and motivate internal and external stakeholders, business partners and industry participants to adopt particular methods and strategies when there may be conflicting interests or differences of opinion.
- Ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and seamlessly navigate and manage change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at every level.
- Experience creating content, preferably within a newsroom or sporting organisation.
- Superior writing skills and experience developing and editing content.
- Ability to influence internal clients in the achievement of business objectives and the delivery of marketing services.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the racing and wagering industry, or similar sector, is highly desirable
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Commensurate demonstrated experience in a similar role is required.
RQ is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your resilience and ability to think on your feet will be key factors to your success. With your results-driven attitude and forward-thinking style, you will build trust and credibility with all stakeholder groups through superior interpersonal skills.
This role affords the scope to realise the significant professional uplift of working for a tri-code Principal Racing Authority. We recruit values-aligned people into Racing Queensland who lead by example and thrive on delivering results in a high-performance culture.
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness.
RQs vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queenslands number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
How to apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity click APPLY now to submit your:
- Covering letter outlining your experience
- Current resume
Applications close 5pm on 22 November 2020
Please note the following conditions apply:
- May be required to work on weekends and extended hours when reasonably required
- Must hold a current drivers licence
- Intrastate travel may be a requirement
- May be required to undergo a criminal history check.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.