Awesome culture, great leadership, and supportive team, Dynamic environment with opportunities to work with Sporting partners, Be part of our innovative model of Senior Secondary School and VET.
SEDA College (WA) is the leader of hands on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Accounts Officer to join our team located in Wembley, WA.
Reporting to the Registrar you will be responsible for assisting in the timely delivery of the Colleges financial performance reporting and analysis to the College Board and leadership team, with a continuous improvement mindset and best practice approach. This role is responsible for assisting with the preparation of the financial reports for the College, monthly accounts and costing analysis, and the provision of management reports to various business teams enabling them to effectively manage their budgets. Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist with ensuring all financial and management reporting is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist with providing the leadership team with financial reports and advice for business segments
- Assist with ensuring that all reports are delivered to stakeholders by due dates, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Variance Analysis and Cash flow reports
- Overseeing the completion of all matters relating to GST & FBT
- Overseeing the preparation and lodgement of statutory reporting and income tax obligations
- Assist with processing of payroll and management of all matters relating to SBAT wages.
At SEDA College, we live our values of Growth, Resilience, Empathy, Accountability and Teamwork. You will be joining SEDA College as a pivotal part of the team, so it goes without saying that you will be able to demonstrate proven experience in an accounting related roles, preferably within an education setting (but not essential), coupled with an analytical capability and the ability to bring a strategic thinking lens to the role around financial data input, reporting and analysis. You will be proficient using Microsoft Office Programs and other relevant database programs and will be able to demonstrate experience in accounting software packages
You will be an organisationally skilled individual with finely tuned planning and time management skills. A team-oriented and personable individual who can work independently, with excellent communication and relationship building skills. As a proactive self-starter, you will be able to identify issues and propose solutions. You will have a strong sense of trust and a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
SEDA College will reward you with a competitive salary (comparable to the Education Department Ministerial Officers Salaries Allowances and Conditions Award), genuine career growth opportunities and flexibility, a relaxed and inclusive work culture, working with a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate, energetic and positive about making a valuable contribution to the lives of students. In addition, we offer:
- An Employee Assistance Program (confidential, free counselling)
- Free flu vaccinations and other health initiatives
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community
- Industry partner tickets to events
- Salary packaging for your vehicle
- A generous parental leave policy
- And much, much more!
If you are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger and you want your contribution to matter,by Thursday 19th November at 9am. Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character checks (including police records check and working with Children Check) will apply to this position.
SEDA College WA strongly welcomes applications from our diverse Australian community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All employment decisions are based on merit and we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SEDA College WA has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children's wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.