About the Role and Organisation
We are looking for our next Event and Customer Service superstar to join our small but dynamic organisation.
This role is very hands on and involves working closely with both the Operations Manager and Company Directors where no two days will be the same.
As a key person within the organisation, you will be involved in all areas of the business including managing day-to-day correspondence with our clients, quoting, customer service and supporting the operations of the business to ensure a smooth delivery in all of our events.
Always striving to deliver the best customer service and events for our clients, you will be solutions focused, have a passion for delivering high quality events, understand logistics, be able to think quickly on your feet as well as have high standards of quality and strong attention to detail.
The role, has a both a strong event and customer service focus and will suit someone who is wanting to harness their creative side and further develop their event management skills in a supportive environment.
We pride ourselves on being very approachable and easy to work with a great 'can-do' attitude is an essential component to this role.
Our team are hugely important to us and our passion is to inspire our clients and each other and we are committed to motivating, developing, and rewarding our teams. This is your chance to work with a company that looks at things differently and strives on thinking outside the box so to speak.
Duties of the Role include:
- Support styling and logistics team with setting up and styling of weddings and events
- Onsite event management and coordination of set ups and events
- Quality and finishing of high-end event to the client brief
- Managing events team to ensure desired finish is achieved
- Co-ordination of events under the Head Stylist & Operations Manager
- Work with the Operations Manager to deliver additional various events as needed
- General office management including ordering stationery and management of all internal office supplies
- Maintain internal CRM database, HirePOS
- Management of the website to ensure website is always up to date
- Manage & co-ordinate client deposits, account, and bond payments
- Manage scheduling systems for deliveries, and appointments
- Organise work inductions and uniforms for new employees
- Ensure all OHS compliance documents, First-Aid Kit & systems are up to date
- Management of meeting agendas, minute taking and distribution of minutes post-meetings
- Help manage safe OHS practices and relevant organisational policies and processes
- Quoting client events
- Respond to enquiries where needed and support the team with client management and customer service
- Manage incoming phone calls and enquiries
- Management and responsibility for the organisation's customer experience process
- Meet, great & welcome clients & manage meetings
- Assist with client viewings when needed
Logistics / Warehouse
- Coordination of hire-only orders including warehouse collections and drop offs from clients
- Crosscheck stock ins & outs from the warehouse,
- Manage turning and washing of stock upon return to warehouse
- Small deliveries from time to time & daily errands such as pickups etc
- Count, package and ensure correct dcor items and tableware items are clean and suitable ready prior to delivery for styling and logistics teams
Personal Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Event Management or, similar field
- Previous experience (1-2 years) in an event focussed role
- Understanding of the Event Management basics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of various online platforms; including website (WordPress) and online newsletters (Mail Chimp)
- Previous small-scale management experience advantageous
- A passion for detail with a strong focus on quality
- An effective communicator
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and deliver to deadline
- Creative and drive to always improve
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for assisting clients and making the extra effort to assist them
- Outgoing and energetic
- Passion for the events and wedding industries
- Strong commitment to providing high levels of customer service
- Have a 'can do attitude' with strong attention to detail together with high levels of self-motivation and initiative
- Willingness to work out of hours and weekend work. Hours will vary seasonally; weekend work will be required during peak season (September May)
- Ownership and accountability of one's work
- Be comfortable working within a team environment and autonomously as required
- Current full drivers' licence is preferrable
Email your resume and an accompanying covering letter addressing your fit, experience and skills in relation to the Position Description to: Kirsty Howell, Friday, 4 December 2020.