The National Institute of Dramatic Art is Australias premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. NIDAs vision is to ensure that the next generation of creative leaders are enabled and empowered to tell powerful stories on existing and yet to be imagined creative platforms. A destination for inspiring and innovative thought leadership, NIDA provides leading edge education through globally relevant, practice-based learning experiences.
NIDA is committed to building a diverse community of staff and students and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
About NIDA Open
NIDA Open runs a year-round program of short course performing arts training for children, young people, adults, schools, pre-professionals and established artists.
An opportunity is available for a creative and organised individual to provide excellent operational support and customer service in relation to NIDA Open activity. Based in NIDAs Sydney office, this role will report to the Business Manager NIDA Open and will support the smooth delivery of courses through timely and accurate administration, coordination and logistics.
This is a part-time, 3 days per week position with a possible increase in hours during peak programming. Standard office hours are 9am 5:30pm Monday Friday. The role will require availability between the hours of 8am7pm on weekdays by negotiation, and occasionally on evening and weekends, up to 8 weekend shifts per year to support program delivery, compensable as time in lieu.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- be a highly efficient arts or education coordinator with a can-do attitude
- have demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with immediate and interstate team members, and
- understands and be committed to the importance of ensuring consistency in operational delivery
- have high-level and positive communication skills and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders both throughout the wider organisation and externally.
Please download the position profile from the NIDA website for more information about this role.
$68,038.57 pro rata inclusive of 9.5% superannuation
What we're looking for
Essential components of your application:
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role
- Your CV including two references who can comment on your professional experience
- A separate document that addresses each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile individually.
9am, Friday 20 November 2020
Please note: Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile above will not be considered.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDAs Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.