Work available on Rotary Dairy, only 15 minutes from Colac, Victoria.
Position open for Senior Dairy Farm hand to assist in dairy management/farm operations.
We are a family business running an 80 unit rotary dairy and currently milking up to 1000 Holstein Friesian dairy cattle. We are looking for someone with 5 years experience in the dairy industry or some qualifications, to join our friendly team.
Main duties will include:
- Milking in an 80 unit rotary dairy
- Ensuring excellent milk quality is maintained
- Ensuring all animals maintain excellent health
- Performing cleaning and dairy maintenance tasks
- Other farm assistance as required, such as calf feeding, farm maintenance, machine work if applicant has appropriate skills.
- additional duties according to seasonal needs an applicant's interest and abilities
- Good people skills: Getting along with everyone, working well in a team.
- Good work ethic
- Enthusiastic learner, willing to always look for ways to improve
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to take responsibility and initiative within given roles
- Reliable and Punctual
- Have a current Australian driving licence and your own personal transport to get to work.
- Have current Australian VISA (if applicable)
Salary: Hourly wage paid well above award rates. $55,000-70,000