An amazing opportunity to work in a small, dynamic and growing school, Est. in 2016, the Tamar Valley Steiner School has grown from 8 to 91 students, Idyllic location in St Leonards, just 10 minutes from the heart of Launceston.
About us: Tamar Valley Steiner School (TVSS) is an independent, non-denominational primary school located in Launceston. It commenced in February 2016 with a combined Kindergarten/Prep/Class 1 class of seven 5 to 8-year olds. Our 2020 numbers have grown to 90+ students and the school is now running three campuses with K/P and playgroup at French St, our lower primary school (Classes 1 and 2) being run from St Leonards Soldiers Memorial Hall, and our upper primary classes (3-6) operating from our new site at 368 St Leonards Rd. It is anticipated that in 2021 the entire primary school will be on the 368 campus.
Our curriculum follows the accredited Australian Steiner School Curriculum with the addition of a Bush school program - whereby students are taught on a weekly basis in the natural environment. We aim to provide an inspired child-centred, holistic education for children of northern Tasmania.
The Role: The School Administrator/Executive Assistant (to the Principal) is a newly established position (due to school growth)accountable for the efficient and effective operation of the School Principals Office; the planning, development and accurate distribution of various pieces of school information using various mediums to differing recipients; regularly reviewing/updating school website, print media and other marketing materials. The role also requires outstanding administration skills and experience in all areas of school office operations and management.
The role exercises substantial responsibility. The School Administrator/Executive Assistant (SA/EA) works with broad direction, referencing theoretical principles and policies to complete assignments, provide strategic and specialist advice in the area of responsibility to improve effectiveness and performance, using discretion, judgement and initiative in performance of the role. Within this role, the SA/EA supports the Steiner identity and Educational philosophy and is familiar with the anthroposophy underlying the Schools operation. This position involves working collaboratively with other staff members and the parents of the school community; to assist students to achieve positive learning outcomes; and embrace the community spirit of the school through the organisation, management and promotion of the Schools annual festivals and events.
Duties: The key duties are presented in the Position Description however, the main tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the management of school registration documents and liaise with key bodies to ensure compliance with school operational requirements and meeting all submission deadlines.
- Manage general school correspondence including collecting, distributing and posting mail. Managing electronic correspondence on the school email account including the drafting/editing of routine correspondence.
- Record management, and maintenance of systems including sound operation and maintenance of computerised administrative systems.
- Oversee, review and manage marketing and promotion of the school via social media, electronic media and print media.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Principals office and delivery of customer service excellence.
- Assist in Coordinating annual events and festival such as the Lantern Walk and other seasonal events.
- Design, collaborate, develop and organise marketing and promotional materials and electronic media for the school. Including those for events and festivals. (Use Vistaprint where possible).
- Maintain and troubleshooting Office 365 email services, website, cloud storage and other electronic devices (including but not limited to the Skoolbag app used for School Correspondence and communications)
- Manage and develop school administration processes such as parent communication, teacher communication, and other electronic and print media documents.
- Work closely with the Principal in editing, formatting, finalising and distributing individual school reports on time, accurately and professionally to parents.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures as required.
- Track and manage enrolments according to the enrolment procedure in a timely and effective way.
- As a small and expanding school, the role will be required to work on a variety of office tasks and may at times be needed to assist the teachers in class-room activities.
Benefits: This new role would have you working in St Leonards a growing area just 10 minutes from the city.
* Located in an idyllic location for a rapidly growing independent school based on the teaching philosophies of Rudolf Steiner.
* You would work as part of a small, dynamic, skilled team of administration staff.
* There are a number of small businesses just a short walk from the School;
* We are in close proximity to a local public and another independent school;
* In this establishing school, we are seeking someone with experience in a school environment who has the skills to be adaptable whilst also assisting in the establishment of sound processes and procedures for future years.
* Each year we offer staff opportunities for Professional Development in order to further grow and develop their skills and knowledge.
* The position is part-time 0.80FTE and 44 weeks of the year but may increase in line with school requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- High level communication skills written, interpersonal, reporting, editorial accuracy to ensure all documents are presented with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Outstanding time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines and produce work that is highly accurate and professionally presented (in line with school presentation guidelines).
- Are comfortable using software packages, including word processing, maintaining email and electronic records, spreadsheets and databases, desktop publishing and web site software.
- Previous Experience in a school administration role or an EA role is essential.
- It is important that you have a sound understanding of the reporting requirements in schools, both academic and government (ie. Schools Hub/School Entry Point/ASECQA).
- Valid Working with Vulnerable People Registration.
- Current and satisfactory National Police Criminal History Check (NPCHC)
- Significant experience in an Executive Assistant role or experience in a school office environment.
- Word processing skills at 50wpm, proficiency with all Microsoft office programs.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- Cover letter: summarising your interest in the position and what you bring to the position
- Current Resume/CV: A brief summary of your career/work experience, outlining relevant positions you have held, major responsibilities and qualifications.
- Statements addressing Selection Criteria: You must address the Selection Criteria. Please include separate statements for each of the selection criteria which concisely but fully describe how you meet that selection criterion.
- Referees: The names, positions, and telephone contact numbers for three referees who can comment on your suitability for the position.
Closing Date: Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 23 October 2020