Do you love developing strategic digital content Would you like to use your well-developed digital communications skills to make a positive difference in the world as part of a globally recognised organisation
Were seeking a digital superstar to manage our digital channels. Why This work is critical to cultivating audience engagement to drive demand of Fairtrade certified products and help us achieve our mission: to connect disadvantaged producers with consumers, promote fairer trading conditions and empower producers to combat poverty, strengthen their position and take more control over their lives.
In the role of Digital Coordinator you will take the reins in contributing to and implementing our digital strategy, amplifying Fairtrades messages and campaigns through effective management of the organisations digital marketing platforms.
This is an opportunity to join a supportive, collaborative and fun team, to be a key contributor to our success, and to really shift the dial in building demand and support for Fairtrade products, brand and our goal of transforming trade, for people and the planet.
If this kind of work excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Fairtrade Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) is a dynamic and enterprising development organisation committed to tackling poverty and injustice through trade. We are best known as the independent, not-for-profit body behind the Fairtrade Mark, a means for assuring consumers that their purchase helps disadvantaged farmers and workers in developing countries secure a better deal. The Fairtrade Mark is one of the best known and most trusted ethical label amongst consumers worldwide.
Fairtrade ANZ is governed by a Board of Directors and is a member of Fairtrade International, a global network of organisations working to uphold robust standards. The global Fairtrade network also includes producer networks in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America/Caribbean, who are co-owners of the global system.
Fairtrade ANZ is about to embark on an ambitious new five-year strategy to transform a critical mass of the population to rethink the products they buy and consume and to proactively support and advocate for the producers behind these products. The strategy places an emphasis on working with leading brands to grow the number of Fairtrade products available in Australia and New Zealand and significantly increasing consumer demand for these products.
The position sits within the Marketing and Community Engagement team which works across both Australian and New Zealand markets. The team is responsible for activities including marketing campaigns, digital communications, content production and communications, digital optimisation, development of educational materials, public relations, community engagement, events and research.
The Marketing and Community Engagement team works closely with the rest of the organisation and the wider Fairtrade network to achieve its goals: to raise awareness about the issues Fairtrade exists to address, building support for change in trade practices, and creating demand for Fairtrade certified products to generate growth in sales. Achievement of these goals ultimately leads to facilitating fairer trading conditions and greater returns for producers in developing countries, enabling them to build thriving communities.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a love of developing strategic digital content, and of tracking and interpreting data to inform the best approach for website, e-newsletters, social media channels and digital marketing functions.
The purpose of the role is to build brand awareness and create valuable and engaging user journeys for our key business and consumer audience groups and ultimately, to drive demand for Fairtrade certified products in Australia and New Zealand. Achieving this requires clear, compelling and strategically targeted messaging about Fairtrade and the issues we seek to address, and the application of data-based decision-making enhanced by knowledge of best practice and innovation within the digital landscape.
In a nutshell, the role is responsible for contributing to and implementing our digital strategy, amplifying Fairtrades messages and campaigns through effective management of the organisations digital marketing functions and platforms.
The Digital Coordinator reports to the Marketing and Community Engagement Manager and works closely with members of the Marketing and Community Engagement team and Commercial Partnerships team across Australia and New Zealand.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and curating content and images for Fairtrades website in line with the internal communications plan
- Strategic leadership and scheduling of Fairtrades social media platforms across Australia and New Zealand (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn), including developing rich content, engaging with internal and business partners as required, and coordinating promotions
- Building and optimising e-newsletters with content input from relevant team members across the organisation
- Applying our Ethical Decision-Making Framework to all content as required to ensure compliance with our Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Regular performance data analysis and reporting on website, social media and other channels, setting benchmarks and using analytics to track and measure activity against these, implementing solutions to optimise performance, improve content and conversion rates
- Monitoring and analysis of competitor digital activity, evaluating areas of learning and making recommendations for improvement
- Liaising with IT support/developers to manage and resolve technical problems with the website
- Liaising with international Fairtrade colleagues in other global markets to share content, digital best practice and ways of working.
Ideally you are:
- Passionate about creating engaging content and strong user journeys
- Motivated by digital lead generation and engagement
- Having a detailed understanding of social media and digital platforms (eg. Mailchimp or similar, WordPress, Falcon or similar social scheduling platform, Google Analytics)
- Having strong website content management skills
- Having an inquisitive nature and passion for data analytics to inform decision-making
- Meticulous with attention to detail, recognising the importance of informational accuracy
- Organised and adaptable to working in changing, fast-paced environments
- Interested in people, social justice and committed to promoting fairness, diversity and inclusion
- Comfortable working as part of a small, collaborative, cross-functional and highly effective team.
You may also have some of the following, which would be highly regarded:
- Knowledge of SEM and Google AdWords
- Working knowledge of international development and the role of Fairtrade in tackling poverty
- Experience in audience research strategies and/or human-centred design, as well as project management.
Key Selection Criteria
- A proven track record of producing high quality, creative and effective digital materials across website, social media and e-newsletters, capturing your audiences interest with the necessary voice and key messages
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and interpreting data to inform decision-making and ensure positive return on investment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in developing activity plans and targets to effectively deliver against organisational objectives
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a small, collaborative and cross-functional team to achieve successful outcomes.
- Competitive salary packaging options
- Flexible hours with work from home option
- Great office location close to public transport
- Working for an organisation focused on social justice and addressing global poverty to positively impact people's lives
- Friendly, community-orientated workplace and team
Click 'Apply for this job' and we look forward to hearing from you!