Newly created and exciting position, Broad client base dealing directly with executive management, Flexible - work from home or in CBD office.
Account and Client Relationship Manager
- Newly created and exciting position
- Growing business with extensive client base
- Autonomous role and ability to work from home
Avant Group is a leading technical government grants consultancy business. Due to expansion of the groups activities, the company requires an Account and Client Relationship Manager to join the team.
The role is based in Adelaide with occasional interstate travel to head office in Melbourne (when permitted). The business deals with an array of clients across industry sectors ranging from manufacturing, tourism, film, biotech, food and agri and more.
If you have a demonstrated history of going above and beyond expectations in generating business and are looking to get into the world of new technologies, then this could be the role for you.
The position involves extensive client liaison, so a friendly demeanour and excellent communication skills are required, in addition to the ability to be able to work autonomously.
The role is challenging but exciting. You must have strong business acumen, and superior business development skills that can be proven theoretically and demonstrated with your prior experience.
If you are a people person, have strong communication and writing skills and have worked in or have had exposure to technical environments (manufacturing, science etc.) then this role is for you.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the consulting team, you will be responsible for leading the SA business operations. Your role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Identify new business development opportunities
- Develop new and existing customer relationships by leveraging a consultative sales approach that results in increased sales and customer satisfaction
- Competitive grants writing assistance - to support the team when large grant cycles open and manage smaller ongoing grants
- Ability to establish consultative business relationships with executives and business owners
- Regular reporting including sales pipeline, account plan development and budget/goal management
- Perform territory management functions including regular sales reporting and forecasting
- Project delivery for grant application management
- Positively represent the company in a professional manner.
Base salary dependent on experience, with incentive structures for performance.
Background requirements include:
- A minimum four years experience in a business development and/or marketing communications position;
- Experience working within a technical sector is an advantage
- Face to face solution based sales experience is preferred
- Desire to pursue a solid sales career
- Exceptional ability to close sales with new and existing clients & demonstrate performance
- Excellent written English and verbal English communication skills;
- Great analytical and problem solving proficiency;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good work ethic and 'can do' attitude
This role liaises directly with executive level CEOs and Managing Directors at global firms, so a professional manner, presentation and disposition is required.
If you have the required skills as listed above, please send us a resume outlining your experience. Immediate start for the right person.