Join one of Australias leading health, community and aged care providers, Supportive team environment, Excellent salary packaging benefits available.Calvary
Permanent Full Time,Permanent Part Time
Administration Service Officer – ASO4
Medical Administration Team
Permanent Part Time or Full Time
Salary Range: $72,272 - $78,254 pro rata plus excellent salary packaging options
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern healthcare facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
About the Role
The medical administration coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and secretariat support to the medical administration department to meet operational and professional regulatory requirements. The medical administration coordinator is a first point of call for all medical officers working within the above areas regarding rostering, leave, education and pastoral care issues. This position is responsible coordination and management of recruitment, on-boarding, and credentialing of medical staff; including locums
What you bring:
1. Demonstrated experience in an administrative role and secretariat duties within a healthcare environment
2. Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, including effective negotiation and ability to liaise effectively with diverse external and internal stakeholders, and interact as part of a multi-disciplinary team
3. Demonstrated high level organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and time management skills under limited direction and supervision. Require sound judgement and problem solving ability.
4. Demonstrated attention to detail including data entry skills with a high level of accuracy.
5. Knowledge and understanding of administrative processes within a healthcare environment including complex medical rostering, leave and medical education expense claims for Medical Officers.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health information management systems including a staff timecard system (Kronos) and Microsoft Office suite of products
How to apply
Applicants are expected to respond in writing and include the following:
1. A cover letter (max 1 page) stating your suitability for the role; a response to selection criteria is NOT required and will not be considered as part of your application
2. Current curriculum vitae with contact details of 2 professional referees
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm Sunday the 25th of October 2020
Contact Officer for further information:
Medical Administration Manager
Email: [email protected]
Candidates must hold Australian or NZ Citizenship or the capacity to permanently work in Australia.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
As part of Calvary's application process and pre-employment checks, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, as well as a National Criminal Record Check (on-going National Criminal Record Check renewals are conducted for Calvary employees) to ensure your suitability for the role.
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
Applications Close: 25/10/2020
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.