Two roles, jam-packed with variety, Join a passionate team who communicates to Australian red meat farmers, Full time roles based in either North Sydney or Brisbane.
Meat & Livestock Australias (MLA) purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat and livestock industry. We achieve this by delivering world-class research, development and marketing outcomes that benefit the Australian red meat and livestock industry and in turn, the community. The outcome of what we do, through collaboration with our stakeholders, contributes to producer profitability, sustainability and global competitiveness.
Were seeking two experienced and talented Communications Specialists to join our communications team on a permanent and full time basis based in either North Sydney or Brisbane.
As a Communications Specialist, youll produce engaging, high-quality and reader-centric content for our communications channels.
The two roles have a common set of responsibilities, but each will support a different team within the company. One role will support our media and corporate affairs team. The other will provide communications support to one of our subsidiary companies, Integrity Systems Company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interview, write and self-edit high-quality, engaging and reader-centric content for our communications channels, including print and digital. Content may consist of case studies, media releases, technical articles, advertisements, handbooks, e-newsletter articles, website articles, speeches and presentations.
- Build a good understanding of media news cycles and key media contacts in the print, electronic and digital areas for both rural and metropolitan media outlets.
- Project manage the development of campaign collateral, publications and e-newsletters, working with internal and external specialists, as required.
- Ensure our communications complies with our brand and style guide and provide branding checks, feedback and advice to our staff.
- Provide editing services on our publications, as required.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, including highly developed writing, editing and content proofing skills.
- Translate technical information into plain English.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills to ensure communications are delivered to deadline
- Ideally a strong understanding of Australias red meat industry, its operations and major stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or a related discipline.
Why work for MLA
We aim to provide a modern and flexible work environment for our employees, complemented by benefits that promote overall employee wellbeing, including rebateable salary packaging, wellbeing events, rewards and recognition and a fun culture driven by our social club.
Interested Apply now via the link below to view the full position description. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the selection criteria. In your cover letter please outline which role youd like to apply for: Communications Specialist media or Communications Specialist Integrity Systems Company or both.
Applications close: 25 October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advertisement