Fantastic opportunity for a dynamic finance executive to join our team, Diverse role within a world class medical research institute, Central location based in Nedlands.
About Lions Eye Institute
The Lions Eye Institute is one of the largest multi-disciplinary eye Research Institutes in the Southern Hemisphere combining world class scientific research with ophthalmic clinical practice in a unique model of translational research.
We are a dynamic organisation employing over 220 staff across Clinical Services, Eye Bank, Outback Vision, Clinical Trials and Research with over 60,000 patients treated at Lions Eye Institute every year.
We want every day, to be a day that brings us one step closer to achieving our ultimate goal to prevent and cure blindness and eye disease.
LEI is seeking to recruit a talented and progressive executive to provide outstanding commercial leadership for Lions Eye Institute. Working closely with the Executive team, this role will be required to work at all levels from strategic planning and innovation to hands on operational management across all finance and commercial accountabilities.
- Provide expert counsel and advice regarding organisational fiscal performance, cash flow and viability.
- Perform the function of Company Secretary for LEI.
- Liaise extensively with LEIs operational units to ensure they are receiving appropriate financial information to inform decision making.
- Drive financial accountability across the organisation.
- Manage capital projects and control capital expenditure.
- Implement modern, finance and commercial processes, systems and reporting.
- Build and enable the finance team to achieve these goals.
- Provide outstanding functional leadership and direction on staff recruitment, performance, accountability, professional development and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective and transparent business reporting tools and dashboards.
- Act as a key member of Board sub-committees including Finance, Audit & Risk and Investment Committees.
- Provide leadership and best practice management of all procurement and commercial activities across the institute.
- Ensure the efficiency and optimisation of all cyclical financial process including auditing, budget planning and financial reporting.
This is a full time permanent position (Monday to Friday) based at the LEI Nedlands office.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership, management, and communication skills including the ability to influence and inspire others. Highly developed strategic, analytical and financial skills are required, as is the need to bring an entrepreneurial mind-set with a strong team orientation. You will make data based decisions, and will build a culture of accountability and productivity.
At LEI, cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience. As such, candidates will be assessed against a broad range of technical and behavioural selection criteria including the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce or similar relevant tertiary qualification
- Post graduate qualifications as CA or CPA
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in finance, accounting, taxation, budgeting, accounting systems and cost control principles
- Extensive executive level financial leadership experience (ideally within organisations of minimum $20m annual turnover)
- Previous experience operating at Board level including Company Secretary experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain innovative high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic planning initiatives through to implementation
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with a diverse stakeholder group
- High level of technological and systems capability
- Collaborative and consultative leadership style
- Engaging verbal presentation skills
- Strong written and spoken reporting ability
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional problem solving skills and resilience
- Commitment to LEIs values and code of conduct.
- MBA qualifications.
- Completion of Australian Institute of Company Directors recognised course.
- Experience within the not for profit sector is not essential but would be beneficial.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete psychometric testing as part of our recruitment process. The successful candidate will be required to provide a police clearance.
Recruitment agencies kindly note that LEI will not accept unsolicited agency applications for this position.