Creative and Innovative Team, First class facilities and natural environment, Positive Culture and Values Framework.
Riverside Christian College is a rapidly growing P-12 Independent Christian College located in Maryborough, Queensland, with aDay School and a Distance Education Department.
Riverside Christian College is a contemporary and innovative school, developing world-first educational initiatives for students. Our vision is to provide quality Christian education that develops character and empowers students to impact their community.
The College is defined by its Christian ethos and its values framework. Our culture reflects and encourages behaviours that are aligned to our values of Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Community and Faith.
To do this we strive to be leaders of excellence in:
- Teaching and Learning;
- Faith Development;
- Community Engagement; and
- Organisational rigour in a safe and secure environment.
Riverside Christian College is seeking a Marketing Assistant (Traineeship) on a fixed term (two year) contract.
The Marketing function is an integral part of the College and is responsible for all aspects of marketing of the College, including, but not limited to, development of the marketing strategy, media releases, media communications, local business and industry relationships, style guide management and College promotion within the community and educational framework.
The Marketing Assistant is a traineeship position and requires a creative and dynamic person who thrives on a positive and fast paced work environment and is willing to learn all aspects of this function. They will have a sound ability to communicate and interpersonal skills which engage and encourage relationships with key stakeholders.
This position will be working under the supervision of the Marketing Officer (requirement of the training contract).
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Certification IV Marketing and Communications under the supervision of the Marketing Officer.
- Participate in the carrying out of actions outlined in the strategic marketing plan.
- Be directed by the College Style Guide to ensure consistency across the organisation, in the development of template documents for all communications (eg: flyers, banners) and presentations.
- Assist in the selection and procurement of appropriate College merchandise.
- Assist in the creation of media releases, staff communications, parent updates and newsletters.
- Assist in the carrying out and promotion of College events such as open days and awards night.
- Attend and assist with the setting up of internal and external promotional events and displays.
- Assist in the management of the College social media, website and YouTube presence.
- Assist in capturing all College activity (DSLR) photography/videography, editing and digital design.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Officer.
- General office duties.
Day School and Distance Education Promotion
- Develop and participate in strategies that promote both day and distance education programs.
- Work with the Marketing Officer to ensure that the promotional marketing mix meets strategic requirements in attracting new students to those identified areas.
Child Safety Standards
- Work with the Marketing Officer to ensure all media campaigns comply with legislative and College child safety requirements.
- Develop and implement procedures for parental approval for student involvement in media campaigns.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures as they pertain to the Position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Marketing OfficER.
- A strong commitment to the ethos of Christian Education and a willingness to promote and support Christian values.
- Ability to complete a Certificate IV Marketing and Communications.
- Genuine interest in learning and actively participating in all aspects of the Marketing department.
- Sound Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge and iMovie/Premiere
- Ability and willingness to work as a productive team member.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work demands within strict deadlines.
- A positive and professional approach with excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Uphold the College Christian ethos, beliefs and values.
- Understanding and commitment to workplace health and safety processes.
- A positive creative flair which translates into the promotion of the College within the community.
- High attention to detail.
- An active positive personal social media presence (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Personable, friendly, professional and conscientious.
- Work and live to high standards.
- A team player who is respectful to colleagues.
- A commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstration of behaviours reflective in the Riverside Christian College Values Framework.
- A professional environment where you will be valued, respected and encouraged to be creative.
- A remuneration package that is commensurate with your ability, qualifications and experience.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of a professional organisation focused on providing quality services.
- A supportive environment where collaboration is fostered.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong commitment to Riverside Christian College's vision ofexcellence in Christian education. They will be well presented and welcoming, providing professional assistance to students, families, staff, members of the College Executive and Governing Bodyand to the wider College community.
The continued success of our College depends greatly on dedicated Christian staff members who integrate their faith into the values and behaviours of their personal and community life. A commitment to the Christian gospel and active regular church involvement is therefore essential.
Applicants must provide a reference from the Pastor of the church where they currently attend and nominate two work referees, including contact details.
Your application must include;
- Covering letter addressed to the Principal, Riverside Christian College.
- Statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Please send your application by 22nd October 2020.