Mosman Park is located along Stirling Highway approximately 14 kilometres from Perth and 3 kilometres from Fremantle. It is bordered by the suburbs of Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; and is unique in having the Indian Ocean on its western boundary and the beautiful shores of the Swan River as its eastern boundary.
The Town of Mosman Park is a vibrant, flexible and supportive workplace. We are a small local government, focused on making a difference to our community.
The Town provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport.
We are a values driven organisation proud to be serving our community with luscious green spaces and built environment. If you are looking to work with an organisation who truly believes their workforce is their most important asset and promotes a positive and friendly working environment then the Town of Mosman Park could be the workplace for you.
Things you'll be proud of:
- Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town of Mosman Park.
- Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
- Pool recruitment process, looking for Planning Officer or Senior Planning Officer with either Statutory or Strategic Planning experience.
- Fixed term full time, contracted to 30 June 2021
If you are a highly motivated urban planning professional, with a passion for delivering first class service to stakeholders we would like to hear from you. As part of a busy and dynamic Planning team you will be responsible for processing statutory planning applications, undertaking strategic projects and liaising with internal and external customers.
You are expected to liaise with customers/residents and Town staff in a professional and courteous manner as well as attend required staff meetings and functions and contribute to the organisational culture in a positive way.
The successful applicant will possess;
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning.
- Prior experience in assessing statutory planning applications and strategic planning projects.
- Working knowledge of Town Planning Legislation.
- Prior experience producing high quality reports to Council.
- Prior experience in problem solving and negotiating with clients.
- Prior experience in managing minor projects with a group of other staff.
- Well-developed communication, written, oral and presentation skills including conflict resolution.
- Developed time management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Well-developed customer service skills.
The recruitment process requires applicants to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol assessment, as well as possess a current C class Drivers Licence.
Salary: $63,727 $93,144 per annum, pro-rata, plus super (depending on skills and experience)
Information: Hannah Young, Human Resources on 9383 6600
How to Apply: Applicants are expected to submit a Resume, Cover letter and address the Selection Criteria within their application and must answer (in 200 words or less) the following question:
Why do you want to work for us and what is the main strength you will bring to this position
Close Date: 5pm Thursday 22 October 2020
Recruitment Pool process:
A pool operates for a 6 to 12 month period from the date of initial placement into the pool and appointment from a pool to a vacancy is not automatic. Only those applicants who have been assessed as suitable through a merit selection process will be considered for selection to a pool and offered a position on an as needs basis as they arise.
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.