A little about Pablo & Rusty's
Pablo & Rusty's Coffee Roasters is a specialty coffee roaster based in Sydney with a Brisbane outpost. We work closely with coffee farms and manage our own sourcing. Our focus is on supporting cafes with specialty coffee and providing exceptional service to our customers.
Join the team
This entry-level position is a great way to get a start in the coffee industry or join an industry-leading team of coffee professionals. You will learn how a coffee roastery operates while supporting our packing team in a critical role linking roasting and dispatch.
If you are reliable, hardworking, and have a passion for coffee we would love to hear from you!
The Production team exists to shepherd the most delicious beans and brew from the origin, through our factory and into your cup, on time, every day. We are motivated by an unwavering search for perfection in product and process and a sense of responsibility to our customers, the farmers, our environment, and our community. We are hard-working, fun-loving problem solvers and we can't wait to talk your ear off about coffee!
The Production Assistant (packing) will help to guarantee the highest quality, most efficient practice of packaging coffee. This role will work closely with roasters and our logistics teams and foster clear communication and flow of coffee through the factory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operating all packaging and printing equipment.
- Packing/bagging coffee, tea, or other goods
- Printing labels and labeling bags.
- Ensuring WHS standards are maintained at a high level
- General warehouse duties (stock movement and counting, cleaning, preparation for the following day)
Equipment (all training provided)
- Fully automatic laminating film packing machine
- Semi-automatic check and weigh bag filler
- Automatic pre-form bag machine
- Various label printers
- Hand sealer
Required skills and attributes
- High-level attention to detail
- High-level organisational skills
- Comfortable with the use of technology (iPad, machine interface, etc.)
- A positive and resilient attitude
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to work independently
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Reliable and punctual
At the core of our culture and ethos, we are digital, design-centric, and sustainable. We are a team of diverse coffee professionals with differing skills, sharing common values, and working hard towards our shared goal of improving coffee in Australia. Innovation is key and we are constantly seeking change, both internally and externally. We aim to evolve into a high-performance team committed to a culture of creativity, community & dedication.