- Location - Adelaide - Level 1, 107- 111 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Salary $80,024 per annum
- Full-Time Term Contract Position (76 hours per fortnight until 30th June 2021)
Emerging Minds, the National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health is dedicated to advancing the mental health and emotional wellbeing of infants, children, adolescents and their families. Emerging Minds is the lead organisation and has partnered with the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian National University (ANU), the Parenting Research Centre and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) to develop Mental Health Policy, services, interventions, training, programs and resources in response to the needs of professionals, children and their families. Emerging Minds also partners with family members and various national and international organisations to implement evidence-based practice into the Australian context.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing and working closely with the Communications Officer - Digital Content Production, the Digital Publishers role focuses on overseeing the production and maintenance of the online and printed content produced by the Centre. The role is responsible for the timely production and publication of high-quality, web and printed content including training tools, practice guides, issue papers, e-learning courses, webinars, general information, news and events. The incumbent is required to have the ability to produce a variety of content that is optimized for these different formats. In addition, the incumbent will be required to write short form website content such as blogs and workforce resources, including the provision of website updates, and populating online courses and materials.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Editing and writing high-quality content according to the positions and guiding principles of Emerging Minds.
- Maintaining production schedules by coordinating staff and contributors.
- Maintaining and implementing editorial and brand guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining content lifecycle procedures (i.e. procedures for reviewing, updating and archiving published content).
- Contributing to the development of the Emerging Minds content style and values.
- Responding to users needs by ensuring that Emerging Minds web content is easy to find, accessible and user friendly.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A minimum of three years experience in professional writing, editing and/or digital content production.
- Demonstrated experience in writing for the web, website editing and in managing content-rich websites.
- Experience with a variety of web content management systems including Wordpress and the Microsoft suite of tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational ability, attention to detail, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in and demonstrated commitment to improving the user experience of content-rich websites.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas for a general audience.
- Demonstrated capacity to determine work priorities and complete them within the designated timeline.
- This position may require intra/interstate travel which may necessitate overnight absences. (subject to COVID restrictions)
- A current National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check are required.
- This is a fixed term full time contract position until 30 June 2021.
- This position is subject to a 6-month probationary period
Salary and Benefits
A salary of $80,024 per annum, salary packaging and entertainment packaging is available. Employer Superannuation Contribution 12.5%
Applications close Sunday 11 October at 5.00pm. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emerging Minds are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples or people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds to apply.