Permanent Part-Time position based in Mt Isa, Work every Thursday and Sunday - 10 hours per week, Flexibility required with start and finish times.
With approximately 7,500 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are currently seeking a motivated Station Assistant to join our Onboard Services Team based in Mt Isa. This position is responsible for performing routine duties associated with the cleaning of the station and the Inlander Train to meet the demands of the service and the requirements of customers.
This position is permanent part-time and works 20 hours per fortnight. You will be required to work 5 hours every Thursday and Sunday and flexibility is required with your start and finish times as it is dependent on the train time schedule.
Key responsibilities of a Stations Assistant include:
- Cleaning of stations and trains to a high standard to ensure a high standard of customer service
- Provide quality customer service by interacting with, assisting and directing customers
- Assist with handling customer baggage
- Assist with safe and on time arrival and departure of Travel and Tourism services, including platform announcements and active platform management
- Report anything that may impact on staff or customer safety directly to Station Master, Station Supervisor or Officer in Charge
- Operate station platform machinery and equipment and basic communication and computer equipment.
We are looking for someone with proven outstanding face to face customer service skills. You will be self-motivated to work autonomously or within a team environment when required. In addition, you will need:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of WHS requirements
- Able to be flexible with availability
- Ability to undertake a variety of manual handling tasks including cleaning and lifting of heavy luggage up to 20 kilograms
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential
This is a permanent part-time position with an hourly rate of $28 (approx.) + super + penalty rates
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug test.
Apply to position number 78357 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 7am Thursday 8th October 2020.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.