About the business
GemLife is one of Australia's fastest growing developers of luxury, over 50s residential resorts. GemLife Resorts are architecturally designed and completed to the highest standard with luxury fittings.
GemLife is a family-owned business that values teamwork and a positive team culture. We empower our people to take ownership of their respective projects and lead by example.
Our people are passionate about their work, have a strong sense of accountability and demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and respect for others.
About the role
We are currently seeking a competent site foreman to join our residential construction teams located at our projects at Bribie Island and Maroochydore. This would be an ideal role for a person closely located in these areas.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be working closely with our Construction Manager, Building Services Manager & Site Foreman, across all aspects of the residential construction phase including:
Liaising with local authorities, design professionals, suppliers and trades persons.
Coordinate subcontractors, labour and equipment resources.
Assist with the procurement of materials and trade contractors.
Attend to contract administration duties.
Advise on construction efficiencies and troubleshooting where possible.
Ensure Workplace Health & Safety standards are followed.
Prepare weekly and fortnightly construction programming and adhere to construction deadlines.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate for these position will have:
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in large scale medium density residential projects.
- A strong technical knowledge of civil, residential and commercial construction.
- Local industry knowledge and be highly regarded in the industry.
- Excellent management, computer and communication skills.
- General Construction Industry Blue Card/White Card.
- Current Australian Driver Licence.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Concept of job ownership.
- Enthusiasm and be results driven.
This position is Monday to Fridays with some Saturdays may be required. Local award rates apply plus award allowances.
This position is a casual based position only.
An immediate start is required, and an attractive wages package will be offered to the successful candidate based on skills and experience.
Please email your CV .
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted directly.