We never stand still. We thrive on stepping up to a problem others couldnt take on, or an opportunity that inspires new solutions.
Our engineering capability sets us apart. We believe our ability to move with the market and embrace new technologies comes down to the strength of our teams. This opportunity will see you join our multi-disciplined in-house engineering team working to solve complex problems throughout the project lifecycle.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
About the role
UGL have an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer located in our North Sydney, head office. Further options of other locations can be discussed. Bring specialist engineering capabilities to conceptual and detailed design of high voltage installation including: powerplants, substations, solar and wind farms as well as;
- Develop specifications, interface with construction team and management on design issues
- Contribute to original or apply new professional engineering approaches and techniques to design or development of equipment
- Undertake design for plant layouts, earthing systems, HV cables, lightening protection
- Plan, coordinate and mentor other engineers
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- You want to be part of something bigger, whatever the challenge you see it as the chance to create value. Ideally you will have:
- Degree in electrical engineering
- Experience and fundamental understanding of installation coordination, HV cable design, earthing design and lightning protection
- Proficient with Cymcap and CDEGS design software
- Proven commercial acumen
- Ability to collaborate as part of a supportive high-performing team
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the worlds largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
We respectfully request that all queries relating to this position are directed to our People & Culture Team.
We will not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.