We are currently seeking an experienced people leader for a Harvest Team Leader at our Glasshouse 6 team in Guyra, NSW. The primary responsibility of the Harvest Team Leader role is to assist with the supervision of harvest workers in the glasshouse, to ensure we pick tomato crops in line within specified standards, safely and on time.
The Harvest Team Leader will work closely with the Harvest Supervisor and Growing Team to develop the skills and performance of team members.
This is a full time role and will include overtime as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Training of employees, organising work & tools, filling out paperwork, participating in meetings, maximising efficiencies and promoting a positive work ethic and environment;
- Monitoring and checking fruit quality, colour and picking standards whilst also maintaining a constant check of hygiene practices;
- Frequent communication with the Harvest Supervisor to ensure a steady and constant flow of trolleys to the team preventing backlogs and achieving maximum production and efficiency;
- Maintaining effective rotation between picking and leafing tasks with the aim of maximising labour and resource use efficiencies as well as minimising fruit drop.
Candidates must have:
- A practical understanding of all elements of crop work (minimum of 1yr experience);
- The ability to analyse the crop and isolate potential issues in the crop;
- A focus, commitment and ability to achieving results through quality, safe work practices and fair, effective team management;
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively lead a team.
- Demonstrated effective communication and team leadership skills;
- Excellent initiative and the ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Good IT skills including MS excel, Outlook and ability to learn and understand new software programs
- A strong focus and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety
- Excellent attendance record and the ability and willingness to work to flexible schedules/shifts
Costa is Australias leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, its also crucial to ensuring that our countrys natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australias largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, a 12 month $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
We currently grow 9 varieties of tomatoes including large truss, cocktail truss and small snacking.
Costa Tomato Enterprise Agreement Level 3.3-3.4.