Guthrie McGoldrick Consulting Engineers is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
GMCE is located in Shepparton in Regional Victoria and has a new opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to join our team. Due to continued demand for our services our firm has plans for future expansion and growth providing long term opportunities for Engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Structural Design Engineer who possesses a working knowledge of current relevant Australian Standards and Building Codes. Our business provides structural and civil design in various industries including construction, industrial, and environmental sectors.
You will work with a select and dedicated specialist team in a supportive and professional environment and will play a pivotal role in meeting the successful delivery of Engineering Designs to our clients.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment. This role will also provide an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to expand their Structural Design expertise.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
The following qualifications and skills will be essential in conducting this role:
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a structural design role working in an Australian based Structural Engineering position.
- Excellent understanding of structural design.
- A working knowledge and experience with relevant Australian Structural Design and Building Standards and Codes
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to problem solve and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative and a strong work ethic
- Excellent ability to operate Structural Design Software including SpaceGASS or similar.
- A passion for Structural Engineering
- Dedicated and Professional
The following qualifications and skills will be advantageous:
- Chartered Status
- Membership of IEAust
- Listed on the National Engineers Register (NER),
- Have VBA registration
- Able to use SpaceGASS (or similar) and Workflow max
- Experience with Civil Design
Your benefits at GMCE will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Involvement in a wide variety of local and national projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- The opportunity to live in a regional location
At GMCE, we care about our people and are committed to inspiring our employees to grow and create.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Applications close Monday 26th October, 2020