manage & develop proficient warehouse and delivery team, permanent position in well established WA business, flexible & cheerful work environment.
Established for over 25 years, Devings Fine Foods is a wholesale food distributor supplying restaurants, hotels, supermarkets & delicatessens statewide. Our product range is a mix of Australian and imported specialty food products, including cheeses, antipastos, smallgoods, and a vast range of grocery items. Our office and warehouse is based in the commercial area of Malaga WA.
We are looking for an experienced warehouse manager, to plan, supervise and implement Devings day to day operations of warehousing, order preparation and deliveries.
The attributes and skills you must have will include:
Proven experience in team management within fast moving operational environments.
- Skills in communication, personnel relationships and conflict resolution.
- Minimum 4 years experience in leading roles in a warehouse within FMCG or similar industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of warehousing and distribution systems, both electronic and behavioural, including HACCP or other quality control procedures.
- Strong administrative, time-management and organisational skills. Able to pay great attention to detail and ensure 100% accuracy.
- Good computer skills with experience of ERP and inventory software, and common office programs.
- A formal relevant qualification in warehousing or management.
- Knowledge of OH&S procedures and regulations, and ability to lead on safety issues.
- Good customer relations and service skills. Present well with polite courteous manner. High level of patience and calmness.
- Valid forklift and MR/HR truck licences.
- Reasonable level of fitness for warehousing work.
This position is an integral part of the Devings management team and participates in strategic planning, sales planning and day to day action plans. You will constantly analyse and review workflows and systems, and make recommendations for improvement and future development in quality and efficiency.
You will be responsible for training and supervising the operational team of 6 storemen/drivers and 10 order pickers.
This is certainly a 'hands on' role, and you will be leading by example and doing some physical work yourself.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director, and our other management and office staff will work hard at providing the support you will need for success.
The right person will enjoy the challenges, and find a rewarding and comfortable long term career with us.