About the business and the role
APHA is a non-profit membership organisation established to promote, support and advance the high- performance Passive House building standard in Australia. Our members range from interested individuals to multinational design, engineering and construction companies. Further information about APHA can be found at www.passivehouseaustralia.org.
APHA is run by a board of directors, supported by local representatives and committee members in five states and the ACT. These positions at present are voluntary, and as such available time commitments vary greatly. Our organisation continues to grow and we have recently appointed a Chief Executive Officer to lead this and drive the organisation forward, The Administration and Membership Executive is currently one of two paid positions at APHA, and the board and CEO rely heavily on this role. You will need to address day-to-day issues, use judgement to take action and seek guidance, to maintain regular and clear communication with relevant board members, and stay across the full range activities being carried out by APHA, either through the board, its working groups, or the local chapters.
Please apply by Friday 22 October 2020.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be the main contact point for the Association both externally and internally.
You will support the organisation in a range of tasks as follows:
- Responding to email queries about membership, software sales, events, training opportunities, etc.
- Maintaining the membership system and directory, preparing reports
- Assisting the Treasurer and Book-keeper with transactions
- Providing administrative support to the CEO, Board and Committees as requested
- Maintaining calendars, arranging meetings
- Preparing documents including reports (e.g. reporting to the board the number of new members that have joined), conducting surveys (e.g. to gauge member satisfaction), preparing letters or agreements with direction from the CEO and board, organising PowerPoint presentations, etc
- Liaising with Local Chapter representatives and Committee members and providing support as required for events
- Updating the APHA website and social media channels with news and events
- Preparing and sending regular newsletters with support from the CEO, Board and relevant working group members
- Coordinating our promotional activities, arranging agreements, liaising with event organisers
- Assisting with the organisation and execution of our bi-annual conference
- Coordinating the Annual General Meeting, managing the election of directors
- IT System administration, managing the email and web server, provide support for users if needed, trouble shooting
Skills and experience
- Experience in organisational management and administration
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and use judgment to make appropriate decisions and seek guidance when required
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility, ability to multitask
- Professional computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A fully functioning home office in which to operate out of with good internet connectivity and ergonomics
- Flair for learning and using various IT programs, systems and tools
- Good copy writing skills
- Experience using various Social Media channels, e.g. Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Experience in events management and planning
- Experience working with a board of directors and administering committees
- Knowledge of the Passive House standard
- Understanding and experience with IMIS Engagement Management System, Wordpress, Google Suite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design tool
Based on current growth in membership, certified projects and industry capacity it is possible that APHA will be requiring a deeper level of in-house marketing, promotional and event management expertise. Applicants with experience, and a desire to grow into this area will be highly regarded
Please note you will be responsible for your own working environment and resources, including but not limited to a computer, Microsoft Office software and a reliable internet connection.
Job benefits and perks
The is a work from home (WFH) role.
This role is offered as a 12 month full time contract with flexible hours.
Remuneration to be negotiated commensurate with your experience and the skills you bring to the organisation.