Enviable working environment, Innovative growing company, Fantastic team.
Automic Group Assistant Company Secretary
An exciting opportunity exists to join a growing, innovative FinTech and Professional Services Company. Our philosophy is that good people make good companies. Due to strong growth we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic person who will fit in with our culture and is ready to take the next step in their career.
Our highly regarded and experienced team are committed to delivering a complete customer-focused experience. With a national presence, a new technology platform and an innovative approach to servicing our clients, we are one of the largest Outsourced Company Secretarial companies in the country.
At Automic Group, our Company Secretarial team provide services to over 100 ASX listed, unlisted and pre-IPO entities. Our professional services are underpinned by purpose-built software solutions which deliver efficiencies and automation for our clients, and our team.
Our culture is innately entrepreneurial, comprising of a team who thrive in an atmosphere where ideas, actions and initiatives are encouraged, and is absolutely committed to delivering superior solutions to our clients.
As an Assistant Company Secretary, you will join our young, dynamic yet experienced team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, in this hands-on role (after an initial training and induction program) you will provide both named and support company secretarial services to a portfolio of entities which have engaged Automic as their Outsourced Company Secretarial services provider.
The role will require you to collaborate and engage effectively with different parts of the Automic business, including legal, registry and finance, as you deliver solutions to our clients.
- Supporting the Company Secretary of public listed, public unlisted and proprietary Australian entities
- Supporting the management of a portfolio of company secretarial clients which has engaged Automic as its outsourced company secretarial provider including responsibility for invoicing and cross selling the Automic Groups other services
- Co-ordinating meetings including the completion and despatch of board and committee papers and attending and minuting the meetings
- Assisting with meeting periodic reporting requirements
- Supporting in managing shareholder meetings including the drafting of notice of meetings
- Preparing director notices and lodgements required under the listing rules and Corporations Act
- Administration of all functions required for public listed entities, which includes preparing and lodging all ASX communications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years experience in a related role
- Some knowledge of the Corporations Act and experience with ASIC requirements would be beneficial
- Some knowledge of the ASX Listing Rules (including JORC reporting requirements) and experience in a Company Secretarial role in an ASX listed company would be beneficial
- Organised with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication, relationship management and presentation skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
As a team member of Automic Group, your professional development will focus on setting personal professional goals and putting the training and support in place to achieve these goals. At Automic, we believe in developing the growth of our employees. We invest in, and back our own. In addition, we offer a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.