Fulltime permanent roles | Metro sites | Immediate Start, Training | Growth | Support, Entry level opportunities available.
Diamond Underground Services is a diverse business offering turnkey solutions in Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning & Maintenance of Electrical, Communications, Water & Gas Services. Expertise extends to all associated disciplines including trenching, horizontal directional drilling, cable installation, full end to end design and network installation, jointing and splicing and traffic management providing a complete inhouse solution of all underground utility installations including gas, water, power, and telecommunications.
Due to an increase of work we are seeking applications from experienced, highly motivated and suitability qualified Plant Operators, Civil Field Workers & Cable & Service Locators.
Sites are primarily Perth metropolitan based, however candidates may be required to work regionally from time to time.
Successful candidates will work well within diverse teams, hold the required certifications, communicate effectively and will have a reliable, flexible, hardworking and collaborative approach with a positive and safety focused attitude to work.
Pre employment medicals, functional assessments and drug & alcohol tests with fit for work results will apply on commencement and throughout the term of employment.
Please note that many of the tasks required of these roles are labour intensive and are performed outside on site in various weather conditions.
Essential Requirements (Role dependent):
- OHS Construction Induction - White Card
- Valid C Class Driver's Licence ("HR" an advantage)
- Certification in Identify, Locate and Protect Underground Services
- Certification in Plant Operations
- High Risk Licence (WP, LF, Crane Operation)
- Experience operating small powered tools such us compactors and hand-drills
- Western Power accreditation and Communications experience (Highly regarded)
- The ability to read construction drawings (Highly regarded)
- Worksite traffic management / traffic control, First Aid and CPR competencies (Desirable)
- Reliable means of transport
Duties include (as required of role) but are not limited to:
- Locating and identifying utilities in the field
- Operation of plant & equipment
- Vacuum potholing
- Manual labour such as trenching and pulling cables
- Use of small powered hand tools
- Site maintenance & clean up
- Entry level opportunities available for those seeking a career of installing underground telecommunications and power networks.
- On the job training will be provided and you will receive recognition and progression within the our growing business.
- Competitive rate of pay + allowances for away work
- On the job training potentially leading to internal progression to team leader, plant operators, drillers and supervisors
How to Apply:
If after reviewing this advertisement you feel you are a good fit for the role and meet the listed criteria, please select apply.
Please ensure you attach a cover letter outlining your availability and suitability.