At GHDWoodheads Hobart studio we are looking for an Architectural Designerwith minimum 4 years post graduate experience. We are seeking a candidate with strong presentation and documentation skills across all design stages from briefing, concept, documentation and contract administration.
The successful candidate will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams comprising both local and global professionals from GHDWoodheads network of studios and the broader GHD business. The candidate will gain exposure to a diverse range of projects ranging in size, complexity and geographical location.
This role has great variety and will see you involved in:
- Undertaking architectural design and drafting tasks.
- Assist in preparing design concept drawings and ideas for discussion and conceptual development.
- Preparing detail drawings using your knowledge of technical design principles.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work collaborativelt on all architectural project phases.
- Prepare fee submissions and proposals in line with GHD structures demonstrating commercial acumen and business understanding.
- Ensuring adherence to CAD standards and Quality Processes.
What would you bring to the team
- Degree in architectural design or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years post graduate experience as a member of an architectural design team, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Experience with Architectural Modelling and Building Information Modelling ( high level of Revit preferred).
- Skills in the Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator desirable.
- Experience with AutoCAD and other software suites including Sketch up, Rhino, Lumion and others desirable.
- High level skills in word, excel and other Microsoft office suite programs required.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to prioritise andwork effectively across multiple projects
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Architectural registration not essential but interest in working towards registration will be supported.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHDWoodhead creativespaces does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHDWoodhead creativespaces provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Why GHDWoodhead creativespaces
Working at GHDWoodhead creativespaces is an investment in you and in your future. At GHDWoodhead you will join a team of passionate architects, designers and creative people who are also the owners of our business. Our employee ownership is what sets us apart. It means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It is also what drives our commitment and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
About GHDWoodhead creativespaces
GHDWoodhead creativespaces is a designled integrated practice operating globally through the GHD network of studios and offices. The company creates inspirational places and responsive architecture, landscapes, townscapes, buildings and interior spaces that simplify the complexity of contemporary life through intelligent and thoughtful design. We actively seek and nurture the very best people to join our team. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain fantastic experience. We specialise in the design and delivery of complex facilities including hospitals, airport terminals, university campuses, urban precincts and research facilities.
If this is the kind of investment you would like to make with your talent, join us and take control of your career and your future.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.