A senior level consultant position now exists in our Melbourne office, Challenging and diverse range of projects across Australia & Internationally, Contribute to & benefit from the growth of the Planning and Programming team.
- Senior level consultant position now exists in our Melbourne office.
- Diverse range of projects in Melbourne, across Australia, and international regions.
- Contribute and benefit from the growth of the Planning and Programming team.
- Conveniently located CBD and modern office working environment.
We are seeking applications from Senior Construction Planner/Programmers with a minimum of ten years Australian building industry experience to join our Melbourne office.
Here is your opportunity to join the SJA team! We are a leading Construction Industry advisory and delivery services firm. Based in our CBD office, you will be offered the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced Construction minds in the country.
You will need to be tried and tested, confident in your abilities, and driven to see out your most productive years on the back of your previous and successful experience. In performing your duties, you will be able to call upon and be supported by other seasoned construction industry professionals based in Melbourne, and more widely across our firm.
The construction planning and programming role is diverse in nature, though primarily will involve the provision of professional construction planning services to our well established list of authority, developer, contractor and end-user clients. Daily tasks may include production of detailed project programs in accordance with contract documentation, monitoring and updating project schedules, regular project progress analysis and reporting, resource analysis, time related feasibilities and providing accurate substantiation and/or assessment of delay/acceleration claims.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, confident and self-motivated individual who is comfortable with accepting responsibility and working with a high degree of autonomy. Candidates are to demonstrate the skills earned from a minimum of 10 years planning and programming experience, including site-based roles within the Australian building industry. The following attributes are also highly desirable:
- Extensive delivery experience of major CBD building and associated infrastructure.
- A high level of skill and understanding of contemporary resource-based planning principles, industry safety standards, and various types of construction delivery methodologies.
- The ability to quickly ascertain a Client's programming and planning needs.
- The confidence and ability to engage and present to Clients at all levels.
- The confidence to work autonomously within a Client environment.
- Experience in the preparation and defence of extension of time claims.
- Experience and proficiency in the preparation of written reports.
- Working knowledge of contractual mechanisms related to time management.
- Proficiency in mainstream planning software such as Primavera P6, MS Project and Asta Powerproject.
- Possess a commensurate level of business acumen to assist in the creation and maintenance of solid relationships as well as to seek new business opportunities.
Your engagement will be based on a negotiated remuneration package, and work within our modern, flexible, friendly, committed and supportive team environment. Career development and management opportunities will be integrated into your engagement.
Only applicants with major Australian building experience should apply.