- Casual opportunity – day shifts
- Stuart Lodge, Alice Springs
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The purpose of this role is to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment for everyday Australians who are experiencing various challenges and barriers in their lives.
- Ensure a high level of cleanliness in the accommodation
- Use of commercial grade chemicals and tools
- Provide timely preparation of all rooms
- Change, wash and stock control all linen
- Rubbish collection and disposal within the building
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Requirements for Success
- Experience in commercial cleaning
- Knowledge in the use of various chemicals and tools
- Availability to work day shifts on short notice
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to take on new tasks
- A current and valid Working With Children Check for NT
- Good communication skills
- Utmost integrity in the workplace in accordance with Mission Australia values
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Applications close midnight, 16th October 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.