Adelaide Hills Wine Region
Administration and Membership Officer
Based in the Adelaide Hills
Permanent part-time role: 3 days / week (0.5 FTE)
The Adelaide Hills Wine Region is Australia's most vibrant cool climate wine region. With over 100 wine labels and 50 cellar doors, it is acknowledged internationally for its distinctive premium wines, viticulture and stunning scenery.
The position of Administration and Membership Officer is a newly adapted role that has been created to support our AHWR Members and our Executive team.
The position will be responsible for working directly with wine businesses in the region.
Essential personal attributes:
- Experience in providing high quality administrative support
- Proactive, accountable and responsive
- Able to follow administrative systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills with strong customer service focus
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change in a positive and constructive manner
- Assist the AHWR with delivery of events or industry development activities related to market and tourism development.
- General office administrative duties as directed by the Executive Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of project and progress reports regarding the AHWR projects.
- Event planning and coordination (venue hire, runsheets, catering, managing RSVPs).
- Assist with on-the-day AHWR events (set up, pack down, membership liaison)
- Collating event and participation information (order forms, data entry, enquiries, website updates).
- Manage and respond to member and other association enquiries
- Assist the Executive Officer with the production of Member Updates via MailChimp.
- Manage back-end updates of the Association website.
- Create Membership collateral (invites, info sheets, entry forms, guidelines, posters etc) to assist membership operations and communication.
- Liaise with the President to prepare the Agenda for Executive Committee Meetings.
- Circulate the Agenda and Papers to the Executive Committee.
- Take minutes of Committee Meetings for approval by the President.
- Enter supplier invoices and raise invoices on a timely basis.
- Record supplier payments and office expenses in accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Follow up overdue accounts via phone, letter and email.
- Ensure all Association databases are up-to-date.
- Use any down time to research opportunities or initiatives that can support AHWR members.
- Oversee dispatch and tracking of AHWR assets and merchandise.
- Ordering and managing office supplies.
Strong Communicator, highly competent written and oral skills
Manages tasks on time and with a high level of attention to detail.
Positive outlook - treats others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect.
Previous experience delivering high quality projects and/or events
Able to work effectively as part of a team but also autonomously
Intermediate Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
An understanding of the online business environment and digital tools.
Qualifications & experience (preferred but no essential)
Previous experience in wine or grape industries
Executive or Personal Assistant functions
Association or Member based roles
Basic bookkeeping experience
Event / Function Management
by Wednesday 21st October
Pls note that we will make all possible efforts to ensure all applications are responded to