About our Client
Our client is a large multi-franchised Agricultural Machinery Dealership with several branches located across Western Australia with over 20 years of industry expertise. Due to continuous expansion, we are looking for Trade Qualified, Agricultural Technicians / Mechanics or highly experienced Heavy Diesel or Heavy Duty Fitters who are seeking ongoing employment at our clients Esperance, Agricultural Dealership.
About the Role
The Ag Mechanic Lead Hand will be reporting too and working closely with the Service and Parts Manager.
Your main responsibilities will cover two main activities which include;
- Hands On - Mechanical Work 75%
- Supervisory, Admin, Day to Day Operations 25%
Working on the Tools
The hands-on side of the role will cover all aspects of Agricultural Machinery Service, Repair & Support. The ideal candidate will not only be able to assist with the smooth running of the service departments operation but will also carry out:
- PDI (Pre-delivery) and new build assembly
- Installing and set up of precision farming systems from speeders to headers
- Warranty servicing work
- Diagnostics & repair
- Pre-Season equipment checks and reports
- Modifications & upgrades
- Component change outs
- Client training on sold units
- Overhaul and rebuild
Supervisory, Admin, Day to Day Operations
The supervisory and admin responsibilities of the role will make up approximately 25% of your time. As the Lead Hand, you will be supervising a small team of 2 to 3 Mechanics delegating their work activities on a daily basis.
The main admin and supervisory responsibilities will include;
- Delegating daily work activities of workshop crew
- Conducting daily pre start & safety meetings
- Client Service, where you will be interacting with clients on regular basis regarding quotations, updates on current jobs and scheduled field service or workshop jobs
- Technical advice for both workshop staff and clients in diagnostic and repairs from minor to major work
- Liaising with the Service & Parts Manager regarding new jobs and gathering detailed information regarding these jobs
- Updating the Service & Parts Manager regularly of current jobs such as daily plan of workshop activities, estimates in completion times or technical issues that maybe holding up the completion of the job
- Creating or Updating work orders on the system that may include scheduling
- Reviewing work orders or field service requests and allocating resources to the open jobs
- Liaising with Service & Parts Manager for the procurement of spare parts for open jobs
- Reviewing, Completing & Submitting all job cards
- Signing off on weekly hours for workshop team members and ensuring all hours worked are allocated to a specific job or tasks
About the Equipment
The equipment is a well-known, global leading brand mainly used in broad acre farming and are usually the larger models due to the large size of the farming operations in the district.
You will be working on (but not limited to) the following equipment,
- Seeding Bars
About the Candidate
We are interested in the following tradesman that have experience on Agricultural Equipment.
- Agricultural Fitters / Mechanics / Technicians
- HD Fitters
- Diesel Fitters / Mechanics
- Mechanical Fitters
Candidates that reside in Esperance are highly sought after, however for those applicants that do not live locally we still strongly encourage you to apply as long as you have / desire:
- To secure stable ongoing work
- Who are career orientated
- Are able to live long term in Esperance
As well as having the mandatory qualifications and career intentions, we are seeking candidates that have a passion for working on agricultural equipment, who enjoy the country lifestyle and living in small close-knit communities.
You will also have excellent trade skills and be able to tackle most jobs from hourly services, mechanical diagnostics through to rebuilds and modifications. Candidates that have exposure to computer diagnostic equipment will be looked favourably.
Having a focus on customer service is necessary as you may be doing a fair amount of field service where you will be dealing directly with the farm equipment owners and operators. Having the skills to diagnose faults by asking questions to the client about the machinery is vital as well keeping them informed of diagnosis, parts and estimated time to complete the job.
Depending on several factors such as past work experience and qualifications a highly competitive salary package will be offered.
- $45.00 to $55.00 Per Hour
- + Super
- + Leave Entitlements